Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you. What You will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Technical Product Manager/ Scrum Master to join our organization as we grow and transform our Agile landscape. In this position, you will leverage your expertise to lead Agile practices at the team level for one or multiple teams supporting Application Engineering\\PES\\Custom- Cloud Native projects, assist with managing the flow of work, creatively solve problems to accomplish outcomes, track team output and achievement, and identify continuous process improvement opportunities
What You Bring to The Team
- Practice and encourage Agile mindset and behaviors; coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling leadership behaviors.
- Independently lead the application of Agile practices for multiple teams. Actions often visualizing work, limiting work in progress, managing work flow, planning and guidance for daily stand ups, sprint planning, short, mid, and long range planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings.
- Ensure progress toward objectives, KPIs and commitments; guide assigned Agile teams to deliver the required outcomes.
- Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Agile Coach, Product Owner, Program Manager) in backlog prioritization as well as tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to improve team-level Agile performance; focus teams on customer value, quality and continuous improvement activities. Remove team-level impediments and resolve conflicts; anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
- Utilize learnings and best practices in furthering the effective use of Agile practices at Hitachi Vantara.
- Facilitate open communication among team members and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively.
- Participate and actively contribute to the Agile Community, partnering closely with Agile Coaches and Leadership.
- Increase the overall Agile maturity for teams and support higher complexity work towards successful outcomes.
- Supports Agile team(s) that have various levels of agile maturity; actively works to upskill those teams in agile practices and increases their overall agile maturity.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and influence by enhancing agile practices.
GC Holder or
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and comfortable in delivery of key messages advising client executive and management leadership
- 3 years of project\\product management or related experience in Application Development and Consulting Services delivering Enterprise Application/Products
- 3 years' experience in a Scrum Master or similar Agile role applying Agile principles and practices including delivery of several epics, releases and versions and application of a wide variety of patterns and techniques (i.e. leveraging burndown, facilitating retrospectives, refining user stories, etc.) preferred.
- Programming/development experience preferred.
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile product development preferred.
- Experience leading others with the ability to earn trust while still challenging the team to improve and operate outside its comfort zone in an Agile environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, SSM, PSM) preferred
- Experience in the Consulting Services Industry
Job Specific Technical Skills - Competencies
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Execution - Delivery: Experience in managing complex tasks cutting across x-functional teams; capable of running scrum team in a geographically distributed environment
- Project Management: Ability to initiate, plan, execute, and guide the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria within a specified time.
- Influence: Ability to influence leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts and practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
Certain percentage of travel across the US and Canada will be required due to this being a consulting delivery role.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge