Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you. What You will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a SAP Managed Services Solution Lead, individual will be responsible delivering SAP outsourcing services with a large pool of teams deliver across multiple SAP client engagements. This individual will lead and drive growth of SAP engagements in the Americas. This position requires 70% delivery and 30% sales expertise.
Our SAP Managed Services practice focuses on Hosting (Private/Public cloud), Run Management Services (RMS) and Application Management Services (AMS) of SAP applications and technology. Professionals must have hands-on access and exposure to the latest technologies, deep capabilities in advising, maintaining and enhancing technologies to serve alongside client teams to deliver insights across flexible economic models that align cost to consumption, delivery to realized outcomes and engagement accountability to a truly collaborative partnership.
Solution lead is expected to contribute to the Managed Services growth and development in a variety of ways, responsibilities will include:What You Bring to The Team
Engagement Management: managing engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defines deliverable content, ensures buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client
• Business Development: develops and maintains contact with top decision makers at key clients, organizes and leads pursuit teams, participating and leading aspects of the proposal development process, drives proposal pricing strategy.
• Delivery Management: work directly with clients to ensure the quality delivery of services, enhance customer satisfaction, define, and advance performance metrics (KPIs), resolving escalated conflicts, provide feedback to team, drive continuous improvement opportunities,
• Practice Development - Eminence: development of solutions and methodologies, development of "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents, public speaking, and publication in industry periodicals.
• People Development: performs role of counselor and coach, provides input and guidance into the firms staffing process, and actively participates in staff recruitment and retention activities.
• 15 years' relevant SAP consulting or industry experience
• Functional/technical proficiency with SAP - SAP ECC or S/4 HANA
• 5+ years of experience as a practice leader for managed services team
• Strong domain knowledge and experience in at least one SAP functional area
• ITIL Framework understanding and knowledge, ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
• Project scoping, estimating, and planning experience
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Track record of consistently developing new opportunities with clients, and identifying engagement follow-on opportunities
• Experience developing eminence, thought ware, and point-of-view materials
• Experience supporting the sales cycle, including but not limited to responding to Requests for Proposals, presenting at Orals, contributing to the creation of Statements of Work.
• Experience mentoring and coaching others
• Ability to manage P-L
• Master's degree
Certain percentage of travel across the US and Canada will be required due to this being a consulting delivery role.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge