Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Job Description: -
- Support production grade AaaS and PaaS systems with systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Evaluate Linux systems and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance and availability.
- Manage the scalability and efficiency of the big data platform.
- Respond to platform problems and develop automated solutions to resolve them.
- Develop automated solutions for capacity planning and forecasting, system performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Review and influence ongoing design architecture of multiple production platforms / products.
Qualification - Experience: -
- Experience developing, deploying and debugging distributed systems in a Linux environment. Working knowledge of batch scripting, PowerShell or shell scripting.
- Experience in Logging/Monitoring/Insights: CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Splunk, Azure Monitoring
- Experience operating Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Compute, Azure, vSphere and their PaaS based components (Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud front, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, Wily - Good to have
- Containerization technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes / AWS ECS: Containerization (Docker) Experience in working with Docker containers, writing Docker file, building images, Docker image versioning - tagging, interacting with Docker engine to manage images - containers. Should have knowledge of installation - administration of container orchestration platforms like Docker Swarm, Kubernetes/Red Hat Open shift.
- Continuous integration - Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkin, GitLab, SonarQube) Should have experience in creating jobs, configuration of pipelines, configuring runners/slaves/build nodes, troubleshooting job failures, knowledge of scripted - declarative pipelines (Jenkins), should have understanding of build - release strategies, should have excellent knowledge of Git workflows - code versioning in a multi user/developer projects along with installation, configuration - administration of the CI tools.
- Working experience in setting up SLIs/SLOs for production application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.