Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated ASSOCIATE GENERAL SYSTEM ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa- Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business.
System Engineering and Signalling Engineering activities execution in Signalling and Turnkey Metro and Railway projects in order to meet the requirements imposed by the various contracts either for the Tender and Backlog phases of the Project.
- Ensure the identification of the project interfaces among the assigned subsystems and of the interfaces with external parties, according to the project scope of work.
- Actively and proactively support the system engineering and signalling system engineering activities by ensuring that project activities are executed in accordance with the design standards.
- Contribute to the identification and management of the System and Signalling System Requirements for the entire lifecycle of the project (Design and Testing).
- Support the performance of the System and Signalling System Engineering studies for the project (fleet sizing calculation, Operational Scenario issue, ap analysis) and the performance of System and Signalling Integration test in laboratory and on field (e.g. test procedure and report).
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- From 0 up to 3 years of Transportation System Engineering experience
- Ability to learn quickly and apply lessons learned
- Knowledge of interface requirement management for transportation systems
- Able to achieve assigned objectives and meet deadlines
- Fluent in Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with requirements management (use of tool like Doors)
- Mobility mindset
Electrical, Electronic or Computer Science Engineering or Telecommunications Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Fluent English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/