Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking a Specialist Hardware Engineer to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will work with a cross-functional engineering team to prototype, design, and develop appliance hardware solutions to support the delivery of Hitachi Vantara's Content products. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development involvement from start to finish of each project.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable hardware and software applications/systems
- Build and maintain products and solutions throughout its life cycle
- Be the primary driver of technical direction for server, storage, and network strategy
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to turn requirements into prototypes, technical designs, and implementation
- Monitor hardware vendor roadmaps, develop and implement plans for platform and component upgrades
- Participate in reviews of business requirements, functional specifications, technical designs and test plans
- With other team members, provide content for technical documentation of the hardware solutions
- Provide guidance, project management, and mentoring to other team members
Experience and Skills
- 10-15+ years of hands-on contribution in hardware systems engineering or related field
- Demonstrated experience in designing solutions
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Deep understanding of engineering processes (including Agile methodologies)
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
- Relevant formal education, including BSEE/BSCE or MSEE/MSCE
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.