Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
We are seeking a Specialist Hardware Engineer to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will work with a cross-functional engineering team to prototype, design, and develop appliance hardware solutions to support the delivery of Hitachi Vantara's Content products. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development involvement from start to finish of each project. Responsibilities
Experience and Skills
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable hardware and software applications/systems.
- Build and maintain products and solutions throughout its life cycle.
- Be the primary driver of technical direction for server, storage, and network strategy
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to turn requirements into prototypes, technical designs, and implementation.
- Monitor hardware vendor roadmaps, develop and implement plans for platform and component upgrades.
- Participate in reviews of business requirements, functional specifications, technical designs and test plans.
- With other team members, provide content for technical documentation of the hardware solutions
- Provide guidance, project management, and mentoring to other team members
- 10-15+ years of hands-on contribution in hardware systems engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in designing solutions.
- Experience with Linux operating system.
- Deep understanding of engineering processes (including Agile methodologies).
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions.
- Relevant formal education, including BSEE/BSCE or MSEE/MSCE
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge