Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a QA Engineer to join our Technology Solutions practice, as part of our Nearshore Delivery Centre in Lisbon. We work with clients across many industry sectors. You will be working as part of an Agile project delivery team, with the latest technologies, on high profile client engagements helping to deliver and maintain complex solutions.About the role
Our Automation Test Engineers typically work across the full project lifecycle and are adept at developing using the Automation frameworks and typically have:Job Responsibilities:
• Work with the product and UX design team on requirements analysis.
• QAing the product requirements in PRD, verifying the acceptance criteria's, test case writing, manual testing, and automation testing.
• Define and develop test solutions to features in the product.
• Act as a subject matter expert for focus areas across the test automation space.
• Follow and improve the coding standards with the team on the test automation code, ensure the high code quality.
• Actively look for the latest tools and technologies within or outside company.
• Actively learn and help implementing the new industry standards related to testing and automation.
• Identify the inefficiencies in the process and help the team to improve them to maximize the team's performance.
• Help identifying the dependencies, risks, and bottlenecks in the projects proactively.
• Work actively with the Developer within the team to resolve them.Required Skills:
• Passionate about Testing and Quality Assurance and have the desire to pursue a Software Testing career
• A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in Quality Assurance with a strong focus on Software Functional Testing
• Excellent communication skills to collaborate within the team and with the client to understand and review business requirements
• Participated in functional, integration and regression testing with the specification of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
• Experience with the Defect Management process for bug findings, tracking and chase to closure, with the ability to provide inputs on possible causes
• Capacity to collaborate with the team to review customer documentation such as Test Strategies, User Guides and Software or product demonstrations.
• Ability to work on an Agile/Scrum methodology providing inputs and improvements on all of the test dependencies throughout the requirement's life-cycle to contribute to more reliable and efficient deliveries.
• Have worked with at least one CI/CD tool and/or Test Management tool such as Microsoft Azure DevOps, Jira, HP-ALM or similar.
• ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) is a must for non-technical backgrounds.Desirable Skills
• Knowledge of BDD/TDD and Risk/based design approaches and tools
• Technical background with programming knowledge.
• Other non-functional testing
• Experience in multi-platform and multi-device testing such as Web/Mobile, API and Data Testing.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge