Meet our team
We are recruiting a Software QA Engineer to work as part of the development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering. Our Product Development group are a global team of specialist software professionals. We are responsible for the ongoing evolution of our portfolio of enterprise storage products building the new features and functionality that keeps our storage market leading.
We collaborate as part of a truly global Hitachi team with members in the UK, US and India. Our Bracknell based team are a small, close knit team of approximately 30 that work in AGILE/SCRUM teams on our HNAS (Hitachi Network Attached Storage) platform that is a key component in our product portfolio. https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storage-platform.htmlWhat you will be doing
What you bring to the team
- Leveraging your understanding of the entire process of creating valuable software and interacting with developers and senior external personnel, you will play a key role in shaping the design, testing and integration of prioritised work
- Being an integral part of a team that produces automated functional and unit tests alongside emerging software, so that rigorous testing provides immediate feedback to developers
- Working as a key member of an agile scrum team (5-8 depending on the project you will own the Quality Assurance and will drive improvements to the infrastructure required for test automation, helping to move towards shorter integration and deployment cycles.
- Designing and implementing automated tests in collaboration with other engineers
- Creation and execution of ad-hoc, manual and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
- Testing, and occasionally developing, software across the stack (embedded C++, APIs, management applications and user interfaces)
- Tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing testing to ensure the quality of the product
- A recent and proven record of accomplishments in automated test development, with the ability to design and implement automated tests in a collaborative way
- An ability to quickly understand deliverables and pro-actively take part in the team's self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met
- An ability to create and execute ad-hoc, manual and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
- Significant experience programming in Python (for QA), or a similar language
- Knowledge of automation infrastructure (e.g. Jenkins, Salt, Docker), test and defect management systems (e.g. JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center) and Version control (e.g. Git, Mercurial)
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to produce and maintain high quality documentation
- Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions is essential
- Experience in a selection of the following is desirable but not essential:
- NAS and Storage systems
- Unix/Windows client/server environments
- Software-Defined and 'as-a-service' technologies
- C++ and/or Java
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge.