Meet our Team
Our Product Development group are a global team of specialist software professionals. They are responsible for the ongoing evolution of our portfolio of enterprise storage products building the new features and functionality that keeps our storage market leading.
They collaborate as part of a truly global Hitachi team with members in the UK, US and India. Our Bracknell based team are a small, close knit team of approximately 30 that work in AGILE/SCRUM teams on our HNAS (Hitachi Network Attached Storage) platform that is a key component in our product portfolio.What you'll be doing
Working as a key member of a small scrum team (5-8 depending on the project) you will own the Quality Assurance and your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
What you bring to the team:
- Design and implementation of automated tests in collaboration with other engineers
• Creation and execution of adhoc, manual and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
• Supporting and maintaining automated testing infrastructure, suggesting and driving improvements where possible
• Testing (and occasionally developing) software across the stack (embedded C++, APIs, management applications and user interfaces).
QA / Automation / Orchestration
• Experience programming in Python (for QA)
• Knowledge of automation infrastructure e.g. Jenkins, Salt, Docker, etc.
o Test / defect management systems e.g. JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center
o Version control - e.g. Git, Mercurial
- Highly Desirable:
o NAS and Storage systems
o Unix/Windows client/server environments
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
We recognize our biggest asset is our people, so we offer a flexible and highly collaborative workplace. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our diverse employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. Our people drive our innovation advantage and they are recognized in the industry for delivering unparalleled service to our customers across the globe.