Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The resource will be able to do an HNAS implementation service which can include up to the following:
- Configure the Storage Pools on the array and present to the Hitachi NAS Platform (HNAS) nodes or File Modules.
- Configure the HNAS nodes or File Modules for storage pools etc.
- Integrate Customer's HNAS nodes or File Modules into Customer's Internet Protocol (IP) network and configure it according to Customer-supplied technical parameters.
- Integrate Customer's HNAS nodes or File Modules into Customer's security domain to enable connections to the appropriate Customer servers.
- Build a clustered HNAS or VSP G File configuration for file sharing that is accessible by Network File System (NFS) and/or Server Message Block (SMB) clients.
- Validate the HNAS nodes or File Modules integration into Customer's:
- IP network
- Name services and security environment
- Client access to shared File systems
- Configure Data Migrator to Cloud functionality on the HNAS nodes or File Modules.
- Work with Customer to set up Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) namespace, cloud target or external NFS target.
- Reconfigure the Private Network for Data Migrator to Cloud (optional).
- Configure cloud accounts and Migration Paths.
- Configure migration rules and policies.
- Test and validate the Data Migrator implementation option.
- Configure File or Object Replication functionality between HNAS nodes or File Modules.
- Identify replication source and target file systems.
- Create replication policies and schedules.
- Validate Replication functions properly as part of the Knowledge Transfer session.
- Configure Antivirus Integration on the HNAS nodes or File Modules.
- Integrate Customer's HNAS nodes or File Modules into its Antivirus Server infrastructure using ICAP or RPC to enable scanning of Customer's data.
- Test and validate integration of Customer's existing Antivirus scanner with the HNAS nodes or File Modules.
- Configure network data management protocol (NDMP) on the HNAS nodes or File Modules.
- Work with Customer to zone the fabric or connect tape devices.
- Configure NDMP on Customer's HNAS nodes or File Modules.
- Configure Hitachi Data Instance Director (HDID) integration with the HNAS nodes or File Modules.
- Configure devices and Backup Policies in HDID.
- Test and validate configuration of the HDID configuration, including restores.
- Configure a global-active device Enhanced for NAS (GEfN) Cluster Configuration
- Verify the Hitachi global-active device and Cluster Environment.
- Deploy the File Modules in a stretched cluster configuration.
- Test and validate the GEfN configuration.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer to Customer on the features and functionality of the GEfN Integration and demonstrate failover/failback capabilities.
- Configure a Hitachi Disaster Recover Solution integration with Hitachi Universal Replicator and Thin Image.
- Verify the Cluster Environment.
- Deploy the HNAS nodes or File Modules in a replicated configuration.
- Test and validate the Hitachi disaster recovery solution configuration.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer to Customer on the features and functionality of the Hitachi disaster recovery solution Integration and demonstrate failover/failback capabilities.
- Provide instruction to a limited number of Customer's staff regarding Hitachi best practices for the HNAS nodes or File Modules use and demonstrate its features and functionality.
The resource will also be able to do HNAS and HCP migration work.
Travel will be required at times to meet customer need. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge