Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Assure the design and commissioning of the Telecom & Security Technologies in order to comply with the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for the Tenders and medium size Backlog Projects. Accountabilities:
- Support planning, execution, monitoring and controlling Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Support analysis of the technology environment
- Support Identification, analysis and management of requirements
- Support identification and resolution of interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Monitor the respect of early budget, manage the extra hours requests
- Ensure the identification, the management and the fulfillment of the contractual requirements
- Identification and resolution of the interfaces with the main subsystems (e.g. Signaling, CW, Rolling Stock etc.) according to the project design schedule
- Guarantee the preparation of the Preliminary Design, Detail Design and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security Technology according to the project design schedule
- Guarantee the commissioning of each Telecom & Security technology according to the project design schedule
Skills and Knowledge Categories
- Education: Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
- Experience: From 5 up to 10 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
- For Skills & Knowledge please refer to the Engineering & Commissioning Skill Matrix.
- Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
- English & languages knowledge: English & native project languages knowledge