Meet our Team
The Hitachi Vantara Internal Audit Department performs assurance services for the Internal Control and Risk Committee and the Audit Committee as well as process improvement consulting engagements for the Management. In addition, Internal Audit manages J-SOX activities working closely with the External Auditor and the parent company in Japan.What you'll be doing
This role reports to the Manager of Internal Audit based in EMEA with dotted line to the Senior Internal Auditor.
As part of the internship program we offer the following training:
What you bring to the team
- Introduction to Internal Audit processes and methodologies, basic training on TeamMate+, Salesforce, Oracle, Aries, CPQ and other software used in the company
- Japanese Financial Instruments and Exchange Act compliance requirements (J-SOX)
- Hands-on experience of working in an internal audit department: Supporting other audit team members by performing basic procedures on a variety of assurance and consulting projects; Shadowing IA members during meetings with business process owners; Preparing basic audit documentation for less complicated procedures and documenting test results in the audit tool.
- Student of Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Business Management or similar field, with availability of minimum 20 working hours per week
- Open minded with "can-do" attitude, eager to learn and focused to get as much experience as possible during the internship
- Basic knowledge of accounting, business management and audit principles
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong verbal and written communication in English (B2 level minimum)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge