Summary of the position:
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) discovers, develops, delivers and builds relationships within targeted vertical markets and select customers. The SAM is responsible for developing Strategic Accounts and is responsible for achieving sales growth and assigned Strategic Account objectives. The SAM represents and cross sells the entire enterprise of Sullair’ s product portfolio and services to assigned and developing Strategic Accounts. As a SAM you will lead the Strategic Account planning cycle and ensure assigned Strategic Accounts needs and expectations are met internally and externally. The SAM reports to the Director of Strategic Accounts. This position is located out of our Michigan City, IN home office, and the SAM can work remotely within the continental USA.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Utilizes Sullair processes and resources to discover, develop and deliver long-term relationships and value to identified Strategic Accounts.
- Establishes a proactive, productive and professional relationships within all levels of an assigned Strategic Account, internationally as required.
- Coordinates the involvement of Sullair senior leadership and distribution channel partners, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet and exceed the Strategic Account performance objectives and customers’ expectations. International coordination of resources may be required based upon the account.
- Meets assigned targets for sales growth, sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a Large Account Management Process (LAMP) that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one-, three- and five-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates end customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary Sullair and distribution sales channel, as required.
- Acquires assigned Strategic Account targets, sales growth, and sales volume in potential and designated Accounts.
- Achieves within a Strategic Account, objectives defined by company management.
- Completes Strategic Account plans that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Utilizes Sullair CRM programs and account tracking mythology.
- Enlists the support of other Sullair sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales, financial, and management resources, as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with end customer management.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a similar technical field is preferred.
- Minimum five years of Strategic Account, National Account, or OEM sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Experience selling Compressed Air or Air Treatment products with a commercial/industrial application is preferred.
- Aptitude to learn the theory and application of Recip, Scroll, Rotary Screw (Oil-Free and Oil-Injected), Compressors Controls & Air Treatment (Refrig, Desiccant dryers etc.).
- Excellent familiarity of North American marketplace as it relates to the compressed air and/or air treatment industry.
- Self-motivated, high initiative, self-directed.
- Vertical market experience in Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, and advanced transportation technologies such as electric vehicle, battery and electric propulsion manufacturers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PC and CRM proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel 50-70% domestic and international.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’ s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.