Director of Aftermarket - Program and Sales
President & CEO
Summary of the position:
Accountable for the Aftermarket product portfolio serving the commercial and industrial market, this position works closely with the organization’s leadership team to lead and profitably grow the Aftermarket family of products for Sullair globally. The incumbent has responsibility for providing the vision and strategic direction for assigned products and incorporating the voice of our customer. The incumbent is accountable for new product development and associated launches, product life cycle management, pricing, brand management, and creation of related programs. The incumbent must work optimally in a matrixed environment. Position is located in Chicago, Illinois or remote.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop Aftermarket product and pricing strategy through a detailed understanding of market size, market share and growth potential for product segments; ensure maximum synergies between product development efforts and distribution are pursued while bringing differentiated solutions into each specific market and product segment.
- Interpret voice of our customer (VOC) related to Aftermarket product features and total value proposition.
- Influence the team to think differently about how they leverage technology and data analytics to make smarter, more accurate business decisions, optimize assets and increase visibility.
- Utilize technology and data to lead cross-functional collaboration with engineering, sales, service, product development and operations teams to focus on delivering an exceptional customer success experience.
- Establish annual Aftermarket operating plan, budget, capital appropriation, and staffing plans (when appropriate based on direct reporting relationships) to assure the most productive utilization of human, financial and capital resources.
- Maximize partnerships with Sullair’s existing channel partners and pursue expansion opportunities based on the business strategic plan in partnership with Sales & Marketing.
- Determine best manufacturing locations for existing and new products, in conjunction with operations, supply chain, finance and HR.
- Utilize Sullair’s customer-centric culture to deliver a great customer experience with every interaction.
- Drive high expectations in talent selection, development, engagement, and performance management to propel the Sullair talent experience; play an active role in developing future leaders for Sullair.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or a technical discipline required or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- Ten years of industrial product management experience with senior management roles; Aftermarket service parts and consumables experience a plus.
- Previous P&L management experience with $250 million+ business.
- Demonstrated success in growing product line sales and profitability.
- Development of customer retention strategies and managed service programs.
- Understand industry best practices with ability to align with company goals.
- Expertise in developing and managing commercial activity associated with multi-channel sales organizations, including distributors, dealers and end customers, including global business expansion.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and initiatives required.
- Strategic leadership ability to inspire, influence, transform and achieve breakthrough results both internally and with external business partners to drive improved performance.
- Strong financial evaluation and analytical capabilities required with experience in JDE, SAP, Databases and BI Tools.
- Strong grasp of MS Office suite required.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentations.
- Exhibit the highest standards of personal integrity supported by honest and open communication.
- Director, Aftermarket Operations
- Director, Engineered Parts Sales
- Manager, R&D Commercial Applications
- Manager, Aftermarket Products
- Manager, Aftermarket Commercial Products
- Aftermarket Data Scientist
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.