Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Job Overview
The IT Service Desk Specialist's role is to provide professional, courteous, effective, and advanced technical support and customer service to all internal employees. At a high level, this includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving/escalating end user's requests and issues.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
• Field incoming interactions to the Service Desk via phone, chat and self-service regarding computer related and mobile device related requests and issues.
• During end user interactions, document all pertinent user information, request/issue details and troubleshooting steps taken in the ticketing tool.
• Using company established rules, prioritize end user's requests and issues.
• Using documented policies and procedures and IT management tools, troubleshoot and resolve the issue/request or escalate to the appropriate group.
• Communicate effectively with end users in all stages of the incident management process; including initial interaction, triage, escalation and status updates as requested.
• Manage individual incident queues in a timely manner to ensure all end user requests and issues are addressed within their appropriate SLA.
• Attend training sessions to learn relevant IT knowledge and company specific applications to provide timely support to our end users.
• Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of the Service Desk.
• Other duties as needed.
What you bring to the team
• Associate's Degree in Computer Science or other related field and 3.5 years relevant work experience.
• Understanding of Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, SCCM,Citrix XenDesktop and Cisco/Palo Alto VPN.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software. Understanding of mobile device support; including Android and iOS.
• Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
• Proven customer service skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.