Experience Level - More than 15 years
The Solution Architect is responsible for building a vision with potential clients, understanding their requirements, and crafting a solution that meets their specific needs. The architect is responsible for planning, guiding, estimating, and delivering responses to client and potential client's requests for information, requests for proposal, orals presentations and all other sales pursuit requests.
• Perform the Solution Architect role on opportunities related to Application Modernization, Cloud Engineering and Product Engineering
• Build a vision, understand, and define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients.
• Consult with the Digital transformation practice leadership on approaches and architectures and work with practice leadership to sell engagements as part of an integrated client team, including prospecting and proposal development.
• Design and estimate solutions based on Microsoft Azure, GCP, AWS and other cloud platforms.
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized. Help customers architect scalable, modernized, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud
• Should be able to work/ lead as a technical leader in collaboration with clients' business, development, and infrastructure teams.
• Advising and implementing best practices for cloud-native solutions while Working as both an infrastructure and application architecture specialist
• Envisioning and designing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
• Experience with rearchitecting monolith applications leveraging microservices on cloud and designing/building cloud-native applications.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations.
• Min. of Architect level certifications from one of more cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) is preferred
• Experience with CI/CD tools; automated testing tools (e.g., Junit, TestNG); Cloud Formation, Terraform; relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB).
• Java, .NET (C#), Python, Node.js, Ruby, C/C++, or Scala; configuration management platforms (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Good understanding and capacity to conduct detailed discovery of legacy IT applications in customer environments and translate them into modernized application futures on the cloud for improved efficiency, agility and TCO.
Bachelor s level technical degree required.
Computer Science or Math background preferred.
Master's degree desiredMeet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge