Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The Technical Expert (TE) role is a highly skilled, technical sales professional responsible for providing design expertise on high value opportunities in a specific group of aligned technologies. The TE, consistently exhibiting a proactive approach to their activities, collaborates with the Solutions Consultant (SC), account team, and partners to develop winning and innovative solutions and proposals by leveraging expertise and technical depth in their specialization and complimentary technologies and services.Responsibilities
- Sales Process (10%): Primarily engage in top opportunities or beachhead accounts, whether enterprise or commercial-based customer
- Develop and Present Solutions (70%): Proactively collaborate with the account SC and Partner's SE to develop the complete technical response, within their area of specialization, to RFPs, in customer presentations, solution design, etc. Proactively provide and leverage focus specialty technical expertise to real customer requirements for support of presales solution development, presentation and demonstrations of solutions/products (through Proof of Concept (PoC) and Americas Center of Excellence (ACoE) use - as they apply).
- Build and nurture relationships with key clients, internal resources and partners - 10% Network effectively and build trust and confidence. Focus on interactions with higher levels within the customer (e.g. up to the Chief Architect or CxO levels)
- Personal and Organizational Development - 10%: Proactively pursue development of an advanced understanding of area of specialization, continuing to focus development and position of "go to" expert for technical specialization
- Partners with account team (AE/SC) and sales resources in implementing/advancing technical account plan, serving in role as a subject matter expert in one primary technology domain
- Including, but not limited to (internal and partner resources):
- Sales - Account Executives (AE), District Managers (DM)
- Pre-Sales - Technical Experts (TE), Industry CTO, Enterprise Architects (EA)
- Global Solution Community Leads
- Services Teams - Global Solution Services (GSS)
- Services Teams - Customer Service - Support (CS-S)
- Services Teams - Global Support Center (GSC
- Partners - Global and Regional System Integrators (GSI and RSI)
- Partners - Value-Added Reseller (VAR)
- Including, but not limited to (customer resources):
- IT Staff - various departments
- Line of Business resource
- Manager/VPs or Chief Executives (eg CIO, CTO, CSO, CDO)
- Extremely strong relationship skills and executive-level presence
- Strong leadership, communication, and technical skills
- In-depth technical consulting skills within a primary domain, including ability to ask probing questions, obtain deep understanding of business and technical needs, define trade-offs, and recommend appropriate Hitachi Vantara solution capabilities into a broader technology and services environment, and expertly defend recommendations in competitive environments
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in one primary technology domain, including in-depth knowledge of: Hitachi Vantara and industry technologies, architectural approaches, applications, services, vendors, partners, and systems relevant to their industry
- Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills. Must be able to command an audience while articulating a meaningful message
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Requires 7 - 10 years related experience.
- At least 5 years of experience and demonstrated leadership in technology specialization
- 4-5 years technical sales experience or related field experience with customer interaction
- Post graduate course work may be desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.