Job description MEA OS&M Quality Control Senior Engineer
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated MEA (Middle East and Africa) OS&M Quality Control Senior Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is ideally based in Riyadh (KSA).
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling systems, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- In coherence with the OS&M Global Quality Control strategy, ensures the implementation of the Quality Control Operating Model in the MEA (Middle East and Africa) geographical area with a mid and long term perspective in order to guarantee the following regional processes control:
- Non Conformity management
- OS&M activities continuous inspection through a standardized and systematic "In Process Checks" plans (System & Asset Operations; Maintenance Compliance, Product Configuration, Documentation compliance etc.)
- Special Processes Quality Control at the operational site
- Spare Parts Incoming Quality Inspection
- Supplier\Contractors Surveillance (Supplier "in process checks", Process Control Plan approvals, supplier NCR resolution guidance, FAI activities etc.)
- Ensures the monitoring of region Quality Control strategy implementation progresses and achievements and reports about any prospective update\deviations\constraints.
- Ensures the monitoring of the region OS&M Quality Control KPI dashboard in consistency with OS&M Global Quality Control KPI setting.
- Ensures the local daily implementation and enforcement of group standards, processes and tools.
- Ensures the capitalization and sharing of regional Quality Control best practices, tools and methodologies.
- Ensures the exhaustive and timely region OS&M Quality Control data reporting.
- Ensures the regional Quality Control coordination & arbitration.
- Ensures a proper Quality Control organizational structure in the region in consistency with the Quality Control Strategy & Operating Model and the assigned budget allowance.
- Ensures the local development of competencies, skills and knowledge of resources in alignment with Local Regional HR strategy, guidelines and policies.
- Ensures the local implementation of the Global Hitachi Rail Group culture and the development of behaviours/competences in line with the Hitachi values and a collaborative approach.
- Ensures the definition and implementation of the competence development plans and the capitalization of know-how/best practices.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- From 5 up to 10 years of Business experience in similar roles
- Knowledge of modern Quality Management tools, Process Quality Control methodologies and quality management leverage.
- Experience in Managing and leading resources and\or in leading multifunctional team in a fast changing contest and multitasking mode.
- Knowledge of Organization development techniques and change management processes
- Authoritativeness and capability to influence people.
- knowledge of Cost estimating techniques and Budgeting principles.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Previous experience in Quality Control\Quality Assurance functions of large and complex infrastructure or projects.
- Knowledge of specific Mass Transit Applicable Standards\Certifications and local Regulations.
- Basic understanding of Rolling Stock products\systems, Signaling systems and Transit Operations subsystems.
- Basic understanding of Railway Operations and Signaling principles.
- Knowledge of the typical Operation and Maintenance Processes.
- Knowledge of the typical Service and Maintenance Processes (Rolling Stock and Signaling Systems)
Education / Qualifications
University Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent Technical background