Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customer's data to meaningful customer outcomes.
What you'll be doing
The role of the Technical Sales Solutions Consultant (Pre-Sales Engineer) is to provide in-depth Pre-Sales technical/solutions knowledge, design and support with respect to Hitachi Vantara Solutions Portfolio to sales teams within Hitachi Vantara as well as to partner organizations; to influence, educate and help customers in the assigned territory with Hitachi Vantara Solutions Portfolio.
- Assist the sales team to define opportunities and close large opportunities with the right solutions and mapping key value propositions to customers business.
- Develop Key Enterprise Customers and address their current and new business/applications for up selling Hitachi Vantara products and solutions.
- Sales and Pre-Sales enablement in our key channels or internal team members.
- Participation in lead generation activities and customer engagements
- Responsible for Hitachi Vantara technology adoption across account portfolio, as well actively source for new technologies and innovative solutions to solve customer's technical and business requirements through solid and realistic Technical Account Plans.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction in Pre-Sales support activities.
- Perform technical presentations, coordinate proof of concepts, solutions and product demonstrations.
- Work closely with sales - post sales team by participating and supporting all sales strategies and business goals.
- Utilize consultative techniques to drive more Solution Sales which should result in access to opportunities with larger revenues.
- Must be willing to travel as required domestically or overseas when required.
What you bring to the team
- A trustworthy technical sales leader
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as: Server technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience.
- Personable - Able to represent Hitachi Vantara positively to customers and build positive relationships.
- Persuasive - Able to influence effectively.
- Articulate - Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
- Able to work independently and proactively, self-starter.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge