Meet The Team
The Hitachi Vantara Product Management team has an opening for a Content Solutions Project Manager, and we are looking for an innovation focused, Product Manager to direct solutions development leveraging our industry leading object storage systems together with software applications from independent software and hardware vendors (ISVs & IHVs).
The Content Solutions Product Manager will require a passion toward solution design that combines Hitachi Vantara and third-party technologies and services that address modern real-world enterprise data management, protection, and analytics challenges. Examples of such solutions include helping enterprise customers meet new and ever evolving requirements for AI/ML based analytics, data privacy and compliance regulations, or protecting assets from cyber-attack. A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision and is a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and then making it happen. What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Create and manage solutions between Hitachi products, services delivery organizations, and 3rd-party providers to combine for a unified offering to Hitachi customers.
- Work closely with internal cross functional teams to ensure successful product roll-out and on-going internal and external 3rd-party certifications/qualifications as required.
- Exceptional presentation and communications skills with an ability to work directly with Sales, Customers and Partners to increase product sales via sales calls at customer accounts.
- Specify solution requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with worldwide sales teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the solution impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs, and internal capabilities.
- Make and champion decisions that shape new directions for the portfolio of solutions. Prepares and presents the vision and strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
- Educates internal teams on technical and business benefits of Hitachi's object storage product family, with a focus on "better together" cross product integrations.
Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available solutions.
- Define strategy for vertical markets and targeted market segments.
- Ability to analyze the financial condition of the business and provide high-quality monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for executives.
- Analyze and execute potential 3rd party partner relationships for the solution portfolio.
- Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science / engineering and a graduate degree in business (MBA).
- Direct experience in software and partner engineering is very valuable.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in product management with product sets targeting enterprise-class customers. Business plan creation and execution as well as financial tracking and reporting.
- Experience with solutions creation and an ability to understand the technology factors related to solution feasibility (scale considerations for compute, storage and networking and performance requirements).
- An eagerness to learn and understand object storage, file services, NAS, data protection, edge IoT, GPU compute, and related technologies as they will be the core building blocks to your solutions.
- An ability to analyze and understand market conditions and requirements. Familiarity with different pricing models.
- Experience working with different functional teams, partners, ISVs/IHVs, Sales, and Customers.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
- Must be a self-starter and goal-oriented, requiring little direct management.
- Ability to travel Worldwide, as conditions require, at an estimated 10-15% on average.
- 100% remote within the U.S.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge