Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Public Involvement Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Develop and implement a Public Awareness and Community Relations (PACR) plan to guide HRH education and outreach initiatives; update the PACR regularly as required by CT-HRT-1200106; MP-3.
- Oversee and lead all public outreach and engagement opportunities on behalf of Hitachi Rail Honolulu (design-build-operate-maintain).
- Serve as HRH's primary interface between HART and the City & County of Honolulu Department of Transportation Services (DTS) public involvement team staff.
- Serve as HRH's public information officer and primary local media contact, fielding requests for information from media and the public, while coordinating media coverage, events and interviews as an extension of the corporate communications and marketing department of Hitachi Rail - Americas.
- Develop news releases and official statements on behalf of HRH and obtain all signoffs (i.e. Hitachi Rail External Communication, HART Public Involvement, legal).
- Provide media training and preparation for project officials in anticipation of media interviews or press conference participation.
- Serve as the secondary spokesperson (Project Director is the primary spokesperson) on behalf of the Project to the media and during public presentations.
- Craft talking points and scripts for executive speaking engagements.
- Serve as HRH's public information officer in emergency response situations in coordination with the corporate communications and marketing department, following Hitachi Rail's crisis communication and incident escalation procedures.
- Develop and conduct educational presentations and tours for community groups about the rail system and trains.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local schools, businesses, community organizations and individual stakeholders (e.g. high school internship program development).
- Graphic design public notices to inform the public of construction activities, road closures, testing, training or any other activities along the railway that may have adverse community impacts that are aligned with both Hitachi and HART brand standards.
- Conduct community-based canvassing efforts and provide door-to-door/face-to-face outreach to educate local residents and businesses about construction activities and lane closures; log and report all contact to HART.
- Coordinate HRH participation in community activities and events and represent HRH at all events.
- Build, maintain and track relationships on behalf of HRH with government officials and key community stakeholders.
- Develop multi-faceted integrated public outreach campaigns leveraging a number of strategies including market research, earned media, multimedia advertisements (e.g. radio, television, print, social/digital, etc.) and grassroots community outreach.
- Develop and conduct a training regimen for all incoming HRH Project staff on media policies and third-party interface opportunities as aligned with Hitachi Rail.
- Seek out, manage and coordinate community sponsorship and volunteer opportunities to foster good will with the surrounding community, especially directly around the rail line.
- Manage, develop and distribute all internal Project staff communication on behalf of Project leadership aligned with the company's internal communication standards.
- Provide media monitoring and develop news coverage reports for pertinent issues and events to keep Project leadership informed.
- Develop social media and intranet content for Hitachi Rail corporate, HART and DTS feeds and channels.
- Take high quality photos and video of project activities and progress that can be used for the promotion of the project through the company's corporate communication channels.
Desired Skills / Knowledge:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree in related field including but not limited to communications, marketing, business administration, etc.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in public relations, communications, news media and/or marketing.
- Experience with local, national and international news media coordination.
- Ability to develop and implement integrated public awareness and education campaigns.
- Exceptional writing, collaboration, coordination and organizational skills.
- Public speaking and presentation experience.
- Experience working in crisis communications and emergency management settings.
- Experience working in a public relations/marketing agency.
- Experience in government and public affairs.
- Proficiency in graphic design and photography.
- Experience in grassroots community outreach and organization.
Bachelor's Degree Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/