Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We have an opportunity for a Java software engineer to join our Technology Solutions practice. Responsibilities
- Working as part of a development project team to design, develop, implement, testing, and debug the entire back end.
- Helping to develop internal propositions, methods, patterns and practices including proof-of-concept, prototype and demonstration systems
- Occasional presales support including the analysis of customer requirements, establishing a baseline solution, development and presentation of proposals
- Strong Java development experience
- Back-end Software Engineering
- Generate recyclable code libraries
- Implement ongoing security systems
- Attend regular meeting with the front end team to expose weaknesses and problems
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
- Keep a backup library before any large changes to server
- In-depth understanding of cloud-based development and deployment
- Some mentoring / technical leadership or a desire to do this going forward
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative and able to inspire others
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employees' work / life balance, candidates should be prepared to travel internationally if required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.