Meet our Team
SHORT INTRO TO THE TEAM - SAMPLE BELOW
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Job Title Office AdministratorReporting To Direct report to Office Manager / Indirect report to Branch Senior Sales Director, Australia and New ZealandJob Purpose
The primary role of the Office Administrator is to provide effective administration support to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the respective office. Specifically, this role provides administration support to the Branch Sales Director as well as office administration for the Melbourne office. From time to time this role may support Marketing tasks and also take on special projects to support the Australia/New Zealand organisation.
In addition, this role provides limited executive support to nominated managers on location whilst maintaining a high level of discretion.ResponsibilitiesOffice Management
General Office Administration
- Manage reception ensuring it is operational and supports business requirements including:
- Answering/directing incoming calls;
- Receiving visitors;
- Managing visitor/ temp security passes;
- Owning the reception procedure manual relevant to the office location;
- Ordering catering and office supplies and processing invoices;
- Managing and distributing of mail in/out of branch daily and coordinating couriers.
- Manage office archival process and document destruction bin.
- Cleaning and maintaining kitchen and breakout area - to ensure the replenishments of kitchen supplies and maintaining a safe working area.
- Management of office based work health and safety, under the direction of the National Administration Manager and in line with the Company Policy. This includes:
- Ensuring relevant Health and Safety documentation clearly displayed in each office;
- Assisting with workplace inspections to identify potential hazards and coordinating necessary actions such as repairs or maintenance;
- Ensuring the HV emergency procedures and building specific evacuation and assembly maps are displayed;
- Liaising with building management as necessary to ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirement;
- Ensuring hazards and injuries are reported and investigated in a timely manner and coordinating necessary actions such as repairs or maintenance;
- Coordinating first aid officers and replenishment of first aid kits;
- Coordinating fire wardens and ensuring participating in fire drills.
- Liaising with building management and other suppliers where necessary;
- Organising quotes with various suppliers for repairs and maintenance.
- Ordering of keys for HV office as well as storing of spare keys in secure location.
- Security passes and alternate contact for security when IT unavailable.
- Managing the allocation of car parking spaces within company guidelines.
- Review and process invoices for payment.
- Reconcile Amex Card for purchases made for the facility / office.
- Sharing relevant communications with staff in the office - such as building repair works, fire warden training, changes to security requirements or changes to relevant processes.
- Oversee and coordinate office space/seating planning and allocation in conjunction with management, ensuring suitability of placement.
- Coordination and management of office events and functions such as annual Christmas party or office morning teas.
- Provide general administration support to the office on an as needs basis - this may include printing, scanning or binding documents to support customer meetings or to assist with preparing a tender or proposal.
- Provide assistance with on boarding of new hires - including assisting with set up prior to commencement and office orientation on commencement.
- Organise room booking, conference call and Teams Meetings set up for Company TownHalls.
- Support the coordination of internal and external meetings as necessary - this may include organising room set up, ordering catering and customer reception.
- Point of contact and provide general administration support for other remote offices as allocated from time to time.
- Perform other administrative support or ad hoc tasks as required.
- Administratoring LinkedIn support to the ANZ marketing org on a weekly basis. Providing quarterly response reporting of on a quarterly monitoring and invoice processing. Assist with expense tracking.
- Processing of monthly AMEX expenses for Marketing purchasing card - collation of receipts invoices etc.
- Marketing Procurement processing - raising POs, setting up new suppliers, processing invoices, urgent payment requests as appropriate
- Occasional marketing event assistance in Melbourne (customer briefings, customer engagement, etc)
- Provide limited executive support to nominated managers which may include diary management and travel and expense management.
- Previous experience in a Corporate environment or similar role.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Experience in platform databases is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and to identify and improve activities through eliminating duplication and streamlining processes.
- Able to use initiative and work under minimal supervision.
- Able to exercise discretion and to maintain confidentiality with the highest levels of integrity.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for the role with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Able to easily adapt with changing environments, new processes etc.
- Follows through on commitments and maintains a high attention to detail.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge