Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated ASSOCIATE SIGNALLING CONFIG. ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa, Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Execute assigned configurations activities as part of the production of Signalling sub-system configuration. Accountabilities
- Ensure data collection and capture from scheme plans and other sources using configuration tools
- Contribute to the delivery of sub-systems configurations (input data collection, data preparation or data capture, production check)
- Ensure that Controlling input data, configuration documents and executable files are issued in accordance with company processes
- Ensure the execution of the assigned integration lab tests or portions of the tests
- Ensure correcting defects in configurations found during Validation and site testing.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- 0 up to 3 years of professional experience in Signalling configuration
- Completion of Configuration activities and documents on time according to project schedule
- Number of errors or reworks against comparable works
- ERTMS competencies required if possible
- Capability to develop technical documentation according to the quality and formal requirements
- Knowledge of Signalling processes: applicable standards & norms and full system delivery life cycle steps.
- Demonstrate a sound understating of the system configuration requirements and operation characteristics of the computer based or solid state (relay) system
- Experience and knowledge in the operational rules of a rail network and compatible interpretation of those rules into requirements for the system
- Functional design: Signaling plan or scheme plan and Control table
- Knowledge of the main IT Tools
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background. Languages
English proficiency. Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/