Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.What you will be doingWhat you will be doing
The Operations Manager for SAN Storage is responsible for Leading the Operations Service Delivery and the day-to day relationship for the assigned customer account. Responsibilities include 24x7 IT operation support using an ITIL framework, customer meetings, capacity/workload planning, operations and headcount forecast, vendor management, audit compliance (SOX, PCI, etc.), along with planning, assigning and directing work; and appraising performance of personnel.
• Primary responsibility of
managing IT Operations service delivery for the assigned account(s)
• Provide weekly and monthly operations meetings and reports with the customer and Hitachi.
• Provide monthly governance meetings and reports with the customer and Hitachi.
• Act as the situation manager in the event of a critical incident for the assigned account(s).
• Owns and ensures timely incident escalation occurs in accordance with established policies, procedures and SLA requirements for the assigned account(s).
• Primary accountability for delivery within the boundaries of the P-L, while ensuring Service Levels are met including capacity management (logistics, planning and execution) and performance management.
• Ensure that Hitachi meets or exceeds the SLAs and Contract Deliverables
• Accountable for the overall delivery team that handles the day-to-day operations of the infrastructure for which Hitachi is responsible.
• Coach, mentor and develop staff including providing career development and training plans.
• Reports to the Service Delivery Manager
and supports the Client Director in furthering the relationship with the customer
• Owns the creation, establishment and maintenance of IT policies, procedures and practices using ITIL framework to efficiently manage the storage infrastructure
• Insuring compliance with established policies, procedures and practices defined by Hitachi for managing the infrastructure
• Analyzing and reporting actual to contracted SLA performance levels
• Identifying, managing and reporting continuous improvement initiatives within the account.What you bring to the team
• Minimum of 5 years of Delivery Leadership
and/or IT Operations delivery experience in the IT industry.
• Proficient with hardware, software and operating systems found in enterprise environments.
• Possesses strong Hitachi Storage, Compute and Infrastructure product knowledge.
• Possess general understanding of IT Infrastructure, ITIL framework and ITSM.
• Strong understanding of multiple business environments.
• Prior experience leading, motivating and directing a delivery team.
• Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in IT Management or other related technology fields of study.
• ITIL Certification - strongly preferredOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge