Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SIGNALLING V&V ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Naples - Italy
In Naples Hitachi Rail employees roughly 700 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art, signaling systems design, the analysis of safety, reliability and availability, laboratory testing, contract management and control, research and development, procurement, and prevention and protection.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Naples offices are located in the area of San Giovanni a Teduccio, industrial area where is easy to reach the airport and train stations.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Accountabilities
- Performing review of system design, system requirements (functional and architectural) and HW schemes for safety critical systems;
- System validation, architectural and integration test design, execution and check.
- Performing testing activities in Laboratory and on site.
- Support the preliminary commissioning and integration activities in Laboratory and on the train.
- HW and SW error investigation at different level.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Full lifecycle software development knowledge, from initial requirement gathering to design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation and integration;
- Knowledge of analog and digital electronics and electrical circuits;
- Knowledge in electronic measurement and using Laboratory instruments such as oscilloscope, multimeter, waveform generator etc.;
- Knowledge in real-time operating systems, embedded systems and C/C++ programming languages;
- Knowledge in system modelling tools;
- Experience in verification and validation testing for safety critical software on different phases of the V-cycle;
- Knowledge in using tools to support testing activities, requirements, issues and configuration management like IBM DOORS, RTC and RQM;
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills;
- Proactive communicator, comfortable dealing with stakeholders face-to-face;
- Ability to explain design decisions in a non-technical manner with clarity and detail;
- Well organised and a team player;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Fluent in Italian and English;
- Willing to travel.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education / Qualifications
- Experience in certified software development and validation for the Railway or Aerospace industry;
- Knowledge of railway standards CENELEC EN5016, EN50128; EN50129;
- Knowledge of On-Board System Engineering: SCMT, SSC BL3, ERTMS/ETCS ATP/ATC systems; Class-B National Systems integration;
- Knowledge in telecommunication (such as GSM, GPRS etc.) and networking (Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP) technologies;
- Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, Labview programming languages and NI or similar technologies;
- Previous experience working in the railway industries.
Educated to Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent; Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/