SENIOR PROJECT CONTROLLER Hitachi Rail STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. Life with Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from seasoned Project Controllers with experience in Project Management, Rail and Engineering to be based in our head office in Brisbane.
The purpose of the role is to carry out project controlling activities ensuring the provision of support to Project Managers and Planner with accountabilities including but not limited to the following:
- Analysis of under/over on TOC projects and reporting
- Preparing various monthly reports including the project overall whole of life
- Worked in a cost plus environment and managing the forecasts accordingly
- Reporting of control budgets, forecasts and cost commitments.
- Managing workload hours and costs for internal and external resources
- Maintenance of the project cost controls system.
- Timely preparation of project cost and progress reports with analytical performed on major discrepancies.
- Assist with the timely and accurate allocation of budgets to project documentation.
- Assist team members with re-forecasting and estimating activities to complete project cost forecasts (trending).
- Assist with the entry and administration of data into the project controls software system.
- Tediously manage multiple deadlines and ability to multi task.
- Monitor and report monthly on the main project KPIs including but not limited to costs, revenue, invoicing cash in/out.
- Analysis earned value with project team.
- Updating the project cash flow forecast.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Desirable CPA/CA
5+ years of working experience with expertise in the following:
- Must have prior experience working within an Alliance contract
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Project Planning & Monitoring highly desirable - Primavera P6
- Project Financial Controller
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Rail Infrastructure/Transportation industry will be highly desirable.
- Preferable experience in an engineering firm.