Summary of the position:
The role is responsible for the Transportation of Inbound/Outbound flow into Sullair Operations (Michigan City, Indiana & Fairfield, Ohio) located in North America. As such, the role will be accountable for handling the Operational Performance, Trade Compliance, and continued optimization opportunities with designated partners. The role may participate in overall business planning and should understand the organization's supply chain strengths and future capabilities.
- Managing inbound and outbound scheduling, pickups and all requirements related to receipt/release of goods, reconciliation, and claims
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and metrics - through these findings you will create regular reports to present to Senior Management
- Ensure Global Trade processes are compliant with US laws/export trade restrictions, conducting annual training sessions with regional sales primes for alignment.
- Ability to solve problems creatively, as well as providing and implementing solutions. Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are being followed throughout all processes and make Improvements to SOPs to support efficiency and accuracy throughout operations
- Driving cross-functional projects to completion and developing systems to track progress towards operational goals
- Assess, improve, and maintain internal systems by liaising and working with the IT department to ensure all the systems run smoothly without issues
- Develop strategy and initiatives and execute action plans to improve KPIs and operational performance
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and manage a staff of seven direct reports: expanding team’s capability in continuous improvement through data driven decisions
- Respond , resolve and act as single point of contact for customer, carrier, and shipment issues
- Strengthen and improve SOP (Standard Operating Procedures ) used in arranging, scheduling, and creating documentation for parcel, less than truckload, truckload, air, and ocean shipments worldwide
- Manage coordination between 3rd Party Logistics provider and Sullair logistics personnel
- Provide routing assistance for supplier drop shipments to domestic / foreign Sullair customers and for the supplier drop shipment receipt process
- Oversee the Export trade compliance process including customer screening, embargoed and restricted country screening, Red Flag resolution, boycott request resolution, Free Trade Certificate issuance, internal audits
- Routing, clearance, HTS classification, and duty payment for import shipments
- Manage freight loss and damage claim process
- Approve freight invoices and research past due payments
- Approve debits/credits issued to Sullair distributors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Operations
- Minimum 10 years of logistics experience required; experience working with parcel, LTL, TL, Expedited, Brokers, Freight Forwarders, 3PL’s
- Experience in NMFC classification
- Working knowledge of U.S. Export Control requirements, Importing and Exporting rules and regulations, Letters of Credit, Incoterms, HTS Classification, AES filing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required; must be able to engage and communicate effectively with customers, carrier representation, 3PL partners and internal personnel
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to build and strengthen internal cross-functional relationships, while influencing external business partners towards process excellence in performance, quality and cost KPI’s
- Continuous improvement mind set, not settling for mediocracy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily activities to manage both internal/external requirements
- Demonstrate a proactive nature in problem-solving and deploying creative solutions
- Effective listener and communicator
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’ s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.