Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Generator Unit (GU) Engineer
(Diesel Propulsion Power Pack) who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks in Engineering Department. The position is based in Pistoia, Italy
The Engineer we are looking for, although with specialized knowledge of diesel engines, should be interested and open to exploring other technical topics in relation to other on-board vehicle systems, in order to enrich their knowledge and broaden the scope of their work. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Support and coordination during the bid and project development of the technical design of system
- Definition of the conceptual solution of the Diesel Engine Power Pack on board integration, based on the requirements and vehicle configuration
- Preparation of system requirements specification
- Analysis of Suppliers' technical proposals
- Checking the technical description of the system
- Verification of drawings / documents (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.) for installation / integration on board
- Preparation of functional requirements specification for integration with TCMS
- Preparation / verification of functional type test specification / performance test specification
- Support during system type tests
- Support during the on-board integration test
- Design review with Clients and Suppliers.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- Degree in Transportation/Mechanical/Electronic Engineering.
- Experience of at least 5 years in the railway/automotive/naval industry with the role of System Engineer and/or Designer focused on Diesel Engine Power pack
- Related knowledge of the basic concepts of the RAMS disciplines is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the main regulations relating to on-board systems in the railway business
- Knowledge of the main office automation software/tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Recommended knowledge of electrical/mechanical design software (Autocad, Creo, Catia, etc.) and the IBM DOORS requirements management tool.
- Good knowledge of traditional Propulsion System (Internal combustion engines and alternator - Diesel / electric converters) and relevant mechanical and electrical details. In particular, advanced knowledge about Diesel Engine and relevant associated functionality, cooling system, control strategy (including regeneration), performance and applicable EU homologation norm
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes and Railway Operations.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation, with the aptitude to contribute with constructive and practical ideas.
- Readiness to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multitasking international environment.
- Ability to work autonomously in teams and for projects is required.
- Availability for short-term national and international business trip.
- Ability to manage and plan the assigned tasks independently and team-working.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, problem-solving attitude and business process analysis.
- Ability to face with the different internal functions (internal customer) and external (suppliers, customers, partners).
- Planning and organization.
- Versatile in learning and strong desire to remain up-to-date with changes in technology and best industry practices.
- Strong business acumen & technical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attitude to work in an international and multi-cultural reality.
- Attitude and motivation to study and develop knowledge on different fields of other vehicle subsystems
Degree in Transportation/Mechanical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent technical background. Languages
Good knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory. English language knowledge on at least international C1 level.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts