Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Product & Service Quality Control Engineer
for Mass Transit/Regional willing to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The position is based in Naples, Italy
. Availability to travel in Italy and abroad. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
The Product & Service Quality Control Engineer ensures the compliance of Operations Service & Maintenance products and services with internal procedures, binding regulations and customer specifications.
- Guarantees the activation of the "Escalation Process" for safety critical events and significant quality issues during "in service" operations;
- Ensures the compliance of OS&M Products & Services through a program of regular "in process checks" and traceability documentation inspections.
- Ensures the proper management of the operations site Product & Service Non-Conformities providing guidance for the containment actions definition and permanent actions assignment.
- Assesses regularly the train acceptance process after maintenance execution;
- Ensures the monitoring and control of the train configuration.
- Monitors the Product & Service Quality Control KPIs trend driving the recovery plan for the out of target ones.
- Provides guidance and support for the root cause analysis of OS&M Loss Costs;
- Eepresents the point of contact with the other Hitachi Rail quality functions.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Significant experience on railway/ mass transit service and maintenance projects, preferably in quality roles.
- Ability to analyze contract specifications.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical drawings
- Ability in drafting procedures and technical documents for quality control activities.
- Expert about Office package, advanced skill in Excel/Powerpoint over all.
- Familiar with managing and leading assigned resources and suppliers in order to resolve non-conformities of materials and maintenance activities
- Planning and organization skills.
Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Associate Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts