Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Manufacturing Test Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC.
Who We Are
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Ensure the implementation of assigned actions as per the manufacturing action plan (i.e. audit, failure analysis, improvement plan, etc.)
• Work with IT resources to ensure test software and data systems (based on SQL database server) are operating correctly with data maintenance as required.
• Communicate issues to R&D department for assigned activities and submit forms and markups for documentation updates.
• Support analysis and continuous improvement of production test yield, working to identify root cause and propose solutions.
• Support technology transfers of test processes across the global supply chain.
• Support definition of test requirements, and test process creation for new products as part of new product introduction team.
• Ensure the implementation of new test process and tools as per assigned action plans. Required Skills/ Knowledge
• at least 3 years of Manufacturing experience
• Problem anticipation and solving techniques, strong at troubleshooting.
• Mechanically oriented, able to use common tools for disassembly & reassembly of various pieces of test equipment.
• Ability to work in a team environment and build effective relationships, customer focused.
• NI LabVIEW programming (multiple versions deployed).
• Strong skills in Microsoft Windows based pc hardware and software (98, XP, 7, 10). Networking setup and troubleshooting.
• Ability to use various tools for documentation purposes (MS Word; MS Excel; CAD tools for schematic & mechanical). Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Experience in developing and maintaining automated test equipment using commercial instruments such as NI PXI system.
• Experience in an electronic assembly/pcba manufacturing environment.
• NI TestStand
• Boundary Scan Tools (XJTAG, Corelis).
• LINUX and/or DOS.
• Soldering and wire crimping experience (IPC certifications). Education / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering preferred Languages
English Proficiency Benefits
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/