Hitachi Rail STS is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Commissioning Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Mississauga, Ontario, CA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Mission:
The commissioning and hand over of a complex project (large project size, complex technological systems or involving international companies) in accordance with the Contract Requirements, to the PM (client) for commercial operationAccountabilities:
• Manage the commissioning of all related systems but not limited to train signaling systems (CBTC, Wayside, Onboard and Office Control), SCADA, rolling stock, primary and auxiliary power systems
• Coordinate with civil and third-party contractors to prepare and develop commissioning plans
• Review and approve the subsystem and system-wide commissioning plans inclusive of civil partners
• Integrate the commissioning schedule for systems and civil commissioning
• Develop cutover and migration plans for system integration purposes
• Develop and/or review test procedures for all subsystems related to a rail system project
• Ensure all work packages have the adequate local resources and manage the workload forecasts for commissioning activities
• Review drawings and make recommendations concerning constructability, reliability and maintainability for the civil and systems deliveries
• Work directly with customers and subcontractors to successfully execute the latter stages of projects and effectively turn the system over to the customer
• Provide-valued added input to the project by interfacing with all aspects of the Joint Venture
• Lead the monthly Project Co Commissioning meetings.
• Manage field verification testing for all tie-in locations for equipment requirements, tag changes, and circuit wiring details with limited support from the customer
• Perform expedited engineering and equipment functions
• Perform on-site verification of deliveries for signal company
• Maintain inventory of signal company spare materials
• Sorting/Ordering or all tags, tag lists, and pull sheets
• Represent and lead STS at meetings at Joint Venture level
• Provide bid and proposal data on potential projects
• Prepare and submit bi-weekly reports regarding the commissioning process and execution
• Responsible for the execution of Health and Safety processes per STS guidelines and project requirements
• Any and all other systems related works as directed by the project in order to support those projects needs Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above and knowledgeable about the commissioning and standards and requirements.
• Bachelor of Science or technical degree required preferably in electrical, or systems engineering.
• Professional Engineer licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario, CA.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in the design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance of vehicles, systems, equipment and facilities of similar scope and complexity on a multi-million dollar scale.
• Knowledge of construction methods and standards used in the construction of railway systems.
• Previous work in switch and signal train transportation system as a design engineer, project engineer, system engineer/integrator a plus
• Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale mass transit projects
• Able to perform signal circuit engineering
• Ability to test signal equipment & circuits
• Ability to place signals systems into service
• Ability to interpret contract specification
• Ability to read, understand and interpret switch and signal line drawing, schematics and cable plans
• Ability to interpret construction plans. Education:
• Certification or Technical Degree Required; Bachelor's Degree Required.
• Professional Engineer licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario, CA.Languages:
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/