Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara Global Finance Shared Service Team delivering finance services to internal Hitachi Vantara entities as well as other Hitachi companies. You will be dedicated to support the Healthcare Business Unit, which is represented by Hitachi Medical Systems Europe Holding AG, Zug, Switzerland. The company is a first-choice supplier of open and powerful high-field MRI systems, multi-slice CT systems as well as medical ultrasound, endoscopic and tomography systems.
Our team provides complex support and solutions to 10 legal entities of Hitachi Medical Systems in Europe within Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Record to Report, Financial Planning - Analysis, Tax Accounting and Group Controlling areas. We work closely with CFO, Finance Business Partners and other Hitachi Medical Systems employees to transform finance processes. We also interact with customers, suppliers, banks and external auditors. What you'll be doing
You will ensure the timely collection of payments from customers and timely resolution of internal and external enquires. To achieve these objectives, you will be in direct contact with customers and will need to maintain a professional and courteous manner. You will also be responsible for the provision of information such as customer statements and the Receivables Report to management.
You will interact with customers, Finance Business Partners, external and internal auditors.
The tasks include:
What you bring to the team
- Make pro-active courtesy calls to ensure impending payments are not being held up in Customer payment process
- Apply incoming cash from customers in SAP
- Resolve queries (internal and external) in a timely and professional manner
- Timely and accurately prepare and send reports to customers and finance stakeholders
- Call customers to ensure rapid payment of overdue amounts
- Act promptly to resolve any issues detected prior to payment due date
- Prepare monthly collection dashboards and reports with comments for respective countries
- Calculate bad debt reserve as per existing policy
- Promote best practices to improve process efficiency
- Maintain current knowledge in the areas of responsibility (e.g. attend ongoing educational programs)
- Experience in Cash Collection process (interpreting data and Customer contact)
- Fluent English and German
- Knowledge of other European language will be an asset (Italian, Spanish or French)
- Knowledge of SAP Accounts Receivable will be an asset
- Time management, professionalism, drive and resilience, building relationships, delivering quality service, feedback and learning
- Attention to detail and numerical ability
- Problem solving - query resolution related to a variety of issues is required on a regular basis
- Excellent administrator - the role involves handling, processing and managing a large volume of documentation
- Experience of working directly with multiple countries and cultures in a finance organization
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenges