Hitachi Solutions is an impact-driven global leader in consulting dedicated to delivering competitive, end-to-end solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Our deeply connected teams are unified by our values and our commitment to helping clients succeed and compete with the largest global enterprises. We are a division of the 38th largest company in the world and carry the strength of a network of interconnected Hitachi companies all while remaining nimble, agile, and ready to pivot at a moment's notice.
Hitachi Solutions started as three founding partners and transformed into nearly 3,000 consultants, developers, and support personnel all around the globe. With over 40 Microsoft Partner of the Year awards, Hitachi Solutions has established itself as a leading partner in the ever-growing landscape of technology consulting.Job Description
The Director of Data & Analytics is responsible for leading client engagements from definition through delivery. They will work with customers to scope the engagement, define requirements, turn those requirements into architecture, create a delivery plan, and manage a team of engineers and architects delivering high quality solutions. Projects may range from short term client assessments through multiyear delivery engagements with large, blended teams.
This individual is a lynchpin of our Data & Analytics engagements and must be able to evangelize our practices and manage customer expectations.
Hitachi Solutions practices hands on leadership, and so the candidate must be both a superb architect and superb leader.
• Participate in pre-sales lifecycle by way of presentation, demo, or in support of a sales initiative.
• Presenting project proposals and solutions to customers.
- Hands-on experience working at a high level in Data Architecture, Data Integration, Data Science, Master Data Management, and similar Analytical workloads.
- Azure skills highly preferred, including provisioning, Configuring, and Developing solutions in ADL, ADF, ADW etc.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Hands-on experience using MS SQL Server, Oracle or similar RDBMS platforms.
- Distributed Data Processing of big data batch or streaming pipelines.
- Construction of data science and machine learning research and production pipelines.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Data Modeling & strong analytics skills in Analytics.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Attitude and aptitude are of high importance at Hitachi, we put high value on collaboration and culture fit.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Analysis Services
- Databricks/Spark or Synapse Analytics Gen3
- Python or Scala (Python preferred)
- PowerShell scripting
- Ability to write and review Statements of Work based on client requirements
- Team management and development
• Data Profiling / Modeling proficiency
• Design conceptual, logical, and physical data models using tools like ER Studio, Erwin, similar
• Basic understanding of Azure Tenants, Resource Groups, Resources, ACL, and configuration of resources for interoperability
- Power BI
- DevOps and CI/CD
- Database migration from legacy systems to new solutions
• 10 to 15+ years of overall experience
• Primary lead for a series of projects
• At least 10 projects with mid-large sized teams.
• Extensive experience in defining, documenting, and delivering Database Architecture
• Extensive experience in Requirements Gathering
• Experience in presenting and pre-sales for Data and Analytics solutions to internal or external stakeholders or customers
• Extensive experience in managing delivery
• Experience mentoring others in analytics practices
• Project planning experienceAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.