Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT & CONTROL FUNCTIONAL DESIGN ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Piossasco- Turin - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Deliver Configuration (Data preparation, sub-system parameters) for Traffic Management configured sub-systems of Automation simple complexity project (complex in terms of geography or in terms of number of objects/subsystems/ interfaces involved) in accordance with industry and company standards and processes. Ensure successful on time, on budget delivery of an engineering and software solution. In the context of international project will be request availability travel in EMEA. Accountabilities
With reference to Traffic Management configured sub-systems of Automation medium complexity project:
- Ensure the review of Traffic Management Configuration requirements allocation and gap analysis and demonstrate the compliance of configuration design documents by the traceability
- Ensure the delivery of the sub-systems configurations for medium complexity Traffic Management project, including the production and check of configuration documents
- Ensure successful on time, on budget delivery of an engineering and software solution
- Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, CTC, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders
- Prioritization and monitoring of software problem report status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and software development activities
- Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan- whenever applicable - and/or to Company guidelines and procedures
- Ensure that all input data, configuration documents and executable files are issued and controlled in accordance with company processes and guidelines
- Ensure the definition and execution of integration lab tests before handover of the executable files of the configured sub-systems
- Ensure the handover of the configured executable files to laboratory and on site testing team
- Ensure clearance (analyse and correction) configuration bug found during laboratory and on site testing and feed the configuration lessons-learnt database
- Contribute to the definition of requirements for design & configuration tools specifying the configuration needs.
- Contribute to the delivery of sub-systems configurations for Traffic Management project, including the production and check of configuration documents
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- From 3 up to 5 years Railway and/or Automation working experience
- Railway and/or Metro Automation systems
- Automation and Signaling system/subsystem architecture
- SW techniques
- RAM(S if applicable), CENELEC and Quality knowledge
- Planning & Organization activities
- HW design Techniques
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
Bachelor's Degree in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages
Good English proficiency Other languages are a plus Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with basic Project Management:
- Maintaining and controlling budget
- Schedule monitoring/development,
- Maintaining risk register,
- Resource and task management
- prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/