For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.Required Qualifications:
8+ years of experience with Linux OS (RHEL, Oracle Linux, Suse - CentOS, various versions)
5+ years of experience on OVM Virtualization platforms
3+ years of experience on Cloud (OCI, Azure)
Experience in Automation, Monitoring tool administration (Nagios based, Groundworks preferably), Backup management
General consulting skills including analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication, and team collaboration
Mandatory experience working with ITIL methodology Linux
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of linux OS
- Patch Management of the servers using both manual - automated methods
- Administering, troubleshooting DNS, clustering, virtualization, Kernel tuning, system hangs - crashes, NFS configuration activities / issues
- Should have exposure to connectivity of block level storage through iscsi and file level with NFS, OS firewalls such as ip tables etc.
- Should have good knowledge of RAID concepts.
- Should be well versed with LVM, Clustering
- Performance management, performance tuning - capacity management of servers for optimum performance
- Printer configurations, Sendmail/postfix configuration - troubleshooting
- Experience in all phases of entire hardware life cycle is highly desirable including setup, configuration, installation, maintenance, firmware upgrades and decommission
- Working knowledge of standard Linux security methodologies, hardening procedures, and best practices
- Securing the servers by hardening as per industry standard.
- Remediating of vulnerabilities at regular intervals.
- Consultation and recommending best practices
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with scripting languages (shells, perl, python, etc) - automation tools like Ansible
- Experience handling, configuring, managing monitoring tools including custom monitor configurations (preferably Groundworks)
- Knowledge / experience working with Enterprise storage solutions
- Installing, Configuring - Trouble shooting OVM in both stand alone and High availability modes
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Switches, Data stores
- Managing cluster, HA and DRS in the environment
- Performing Snapshots, Cloning, Cold Migrations and Hot Migrations