Meet our Team
This role sits within the Digital Enterprise/ITO/Managed Services Practice, working as part of the Global Service Desk team, servicing both Americas and EMEA clients and liaising with resources both locally within Europe and internationally with resources in the US and India. The Managed Services practice provides both reactive and proactive support services covering Oracle Applications, MS SharePoint, bespoke development, and business intelligence applications. Our team provides critical customer support from 08:00 to 18:00, currently utilizing a shift rota that is based on an 8-hour working day. We are an highly motivated and customer focused team with a flexible style of working and we enjoy working in a fun team environment.What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a candidate who can provide excellent customer service, following best practice service management procedures and who can build excellent working relationships with customers and internal teams alike.
The main areas of responsibility are:
What you bring to the team
- Responding to requests from the global customer base as "first line support" in the logging and triage of new Incidents, Problems, Change Requests and Service Requests,
- Fulfilling basic Service Requests on internal and customer systems
- Liaising with vendors and 3rd party providers to provide end-to-end support for the customer
- Responding to proactive monitoring alerts and escalating related Incidents to appropriate analysts, maximising customer system performance and availability
- Monitoring active Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key performance Indicator (KPI) measurements to proactively maintain appropriate metrics, ensuring that event triggers and notifications are escalated to the designated team and managers.
- Assisting with the Service Transition process by provisioning Service Desk set-up
- Assisting in the documentation, testing and implementation of ITIL service processes. Maintaining the out-of-hours support on-call rotas and telephone system set-up
- Acting as a point of contact and responding to queries from Service Managers and Delivery Leads in relation to process and systems usage
- Contributing to department goals and objectives and team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assigned by the Service Desk Manager
This role would be ideally suited to a graduate who wishes to progress a career in Service Management or a candidate who has experience of working in a customer facing organization, preferably with knowledge of Service Desk operations.
- Strong skills in customer service with an excellent telephone manner and strong relationship building skills at all levels.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and good organisational, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Good analytical approach to tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Office and SharePoint Services
- Prior experience of using IT Service Management ticketing systems.
- A desire to learn, develop and contribute to a team environment
- Basic ITIL knowledge or experience
- English Level: Proficient
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge