Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy (or Piossasco- Turin).
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Project Description
Overall technical solution delivery on Cluster, Signalling & Turnkey projects for bidding and contract phase. Proper execution of the technical activities in term of technical solution implementation, design costs, document submission schedule and quality. Accountabilities
With reference to Cluster, medium complexity (International and Consortium scheme) Signalling or Turn Key project during bid or project execution phases :
- Ensure the effective implementation of the technical solution
- Ensure the monitoring on document submission in terms of on time, on quality and on respect of Technology Cost budget, according to the Contract, excluding RAMS;
- Ensure project technical activities are executed in line with the Company procedure implementing design and verification process (i.e. design review);
- Ensure the technical interface activities toward the Customer, Authorities and the partners, in case of consortium configuration;
- Ensure that project objectives are clearly communicated to the project team and monitors that technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule;
- Ensure the gathering, checking and authorization of the TCR and that authorized technical change and variation order are traced and implemented inside design activities a included in the Technology project cost revision;
- Ensure that project technical criticalities/risk list and management is implemented, continuously updated and evaluated with the support of interested Company Functional Manager and the Project Manager;
- Ensure the proper execution of the correct Document Management (submission and transmittal process), part of the overall Design Management;
- Contribute that correct Configuration Management process is in place;
- Ensure an interface for the technical definition and construction document delivery during execution of on-site activities;
- Guarantees the execution of the Verification activities of project engineering documents and of documents issued by WPLs by monitoring their execution by the Project's WPLs, according to the V&V Plan;
- Contribute to the definition and execution of T&C activities (e.g. acting as interface with other technology unit involved in the project).
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- From 5 up to 10 years of Engineering project delivery expertise;
- Knowledge of the Company IMS system and related processes, organization of IMS documents, IMS feedbacks;
- Knowledge of the Commissioning processe, related procedures and instructions, KPIs;
- Knowledge of the Project Management process and related procedures:
- Knowledge of the main transportation system principles and the related operation and signalling functionalities;
- Knowledge of the main vehicles principles and the related on board interfaces;
- Knowledge of signalling rules and standards, signalling systems and principles;
- Knoweldge and application of the IT tools in the project works;
- Knowledge of the system, subsystems of a transportation system and related interactions, system architecture;
- Knowledge of the project Risk management process and procedures; Knowledge of the Interface Management process, related procedures and instructions, KPIs. Capability to identify, define and address all the internal and external (civil works, authorities, etc.) technical interfaces;
- Knowledge of the Requirement Development and Management process, related procedures and instructions, KPIs. Provide the engineering support for engineering using Requirements Management Tool in accordance with the client's Specification, drawing practices and company guidelines.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/