Meet the Team
We are looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst, who can serve as a techno functional consultant with a strong track record in delivering high quality CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) solutions for Initial Sales and Renewals.
In this role, you will be supporting key strategic initiatives from discovery through implementation, as well as being a standing member of the scrum teams following a well-established continuous delivery model.
You will lead the ongoing technology solution definition effort supporting front office business functions such as Sales, Renewals, Marketing, Partners, Services at Hitachi Vantara and work as an integral part of the IT Business Applications Team. Working in close collaboration with business stakeholders, technical leads, solution architects and developers, you will solution for new and changing business needs. You will drive alignment on requirements with stakeholders through workshop facilitation, interviews, system demos, visual documentation, use case identification, and business process analysis. In addition, you will build and demonstrate prototypes in CPQ and Salesforce platforms through a consultative approach.We prefer this role to reside in our Englewood, Colorado office but will consider remote in US.What you will be doing
What you bring to the team
- Support new product development as well as day-to-day maintenance of various Salesforce COE projects/products.
- Work closely with business and IT stakeholders to define requirements, develop designs, and implement Salesforce.com solutions.
- Perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business problems into technical process components and salesforce capabilities.
- Define current state and future state roadmap and uncover gaps in CPQ and Salesforce best practices.
- Lead discovery workshops, which includes the facilitation of large audiences, solution presentations, and prototype demonstrations.
- Influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable and optimal CPQ - Salesforce solutions, by building and demonstrating prototypes through a consultative approach.
- Plan and facilitate the creation and elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements. Document in the form of epics, stories, personas, wireframes, product feature map, business rules, business process diagrams, swim lanes, solution architecture diagrams and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate the ongoing backlog grooming process, supporting the Product Owner to define value, priority, and select scope for upcoming releases and sprints.
- Analyze requirements to ensure they are consistent, complete, unambiguous, and organized. Ensuring stories are "ready" for upcoming sprints and facilitating sprint planning ceremonies.
- Work closely with architect and developers to translate business requirements into technology design and solution. Ensure the epics and stories are well understood by technical delivery teams and developed solutions meet business expectations.
- Stay up to date on new Salesforce features / capabilities. Challenge business requests by applying your knowledge of the platform as well as system design best practices, when necessary. Strive for implementing out of the box solutions vs. custom development.
- Development and deployment of custom apps, reports, dashboards, workflows within CPQ and Salesforce.
- Facilitate and manage user acceptance testing. Define testing strategy, write test scripts, and execute unit and end-to-end testing. Work closely with global business leads on testing the enhancements or defects deployed. Develop testing metrics for readout.
- For new application or feature releases, define support model, complete required process steps and documentation, assist with go live readiness activities, and facilitate transition to support team(s).
- Support infosec, legal, business continuity and procurement audit requirements and activities.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors and internal delivery teams on application support issues, defects and enhancements.
- Assist management with discovery and proposal development of new initiatives / requests. This would require engagement with business leaders, delivery managers, procurement, technology vendors, and leading activities such as high level business requirements / problem statement definition, documenting anticipated costs, defining resource plan, facilitating vendor demo sessions with internal stakeholders, documenting anticipated ROI / business case, and facilitating the approval process.
- This role will be working with a Global team in different time zones so some predictable flexibility will be expected in working hours.
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $120,000 - $180,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.Our Company
- Five (5)+ years of experience as a CPQ and Salesforce Business Analyst/ Solution Architect/Techno functional consultant.
- In depth knowledge of CPQ platforms and capabilities, Salesforce Sales Cloud, the force.com platform are a must.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud and Salesforce Community desired.
- Strong understanding of business processes for the following: Sales and Renewals.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
- Knowledge on story grooming, functional analysis, story boarding, use case scenario and user persona creation, process flow design.
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools (e.g. Jira).
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communications and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, with limited direction and oversight.
- Strong experience and understanding of salesforce.com configuration and out of the box features and capabilities.
- Comfortable building and demonstrating prototypes in Salesforce.
- Excellent understanding of Lightning Component Framework.
- Highly desired: Experience in developing SFDC backend logic using APEX, Triggers, Process Builders, Workflows etc.
- Firm understanding of object-oriented coding standards, design patterns, and similar best practices.
- Exposure to standard/custom object creation, validation rules.
- Experience with interacting with external systems via Salesforce callouts.
- Exposure to Web Services SOAP or REST APIs, Single Sign-On / Identity Management desirable.
- Salesforce and CPQ Certifications
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge