Job ID: R0003789
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Segment: Construction Machinery
Business Unit: Hitachi Construction Machinery
Company Name: H-E Parts International Mining Solutions Usa Inc
Profession (Job Category): Human_Resources_GeneralistsHuman Resources
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
The purpose of this position is to assist H-E Parts International Mining Solutions North America in maintaining HR best practices and assisting leadership in employee management. This position supports Billings, MT, and Seattle WA and has matrix reporting to the Head of Mining Solutions, North America. The HR Business Partner will be the primary HR point of contact for this division and will also carry out organizational strategic objectives as assigned. It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
2. Reinforce organizational Core Values, Vision and Mission statements. Using employee survey results, develop, propose and implement programs to improve divisional morale.
3. Ensure adequate staffing is available by conducting recruitment activities following prescribed policies, guidelines and procedures. Provide thorough orientation and onboarding for all new hires.
4. Respond to employee inquiries and requests and provide assistance in accordance with Employee handbook and policies.
5. Assist management and leadership with employee relations issues and performance management.
6. Coordinate and participate in disciplinary and termination meetings. Ensure proper documentation is maintained. Complete exit interviews for every voluntary termination.
7. Maintain employee records in Workday and in files, and ensure proper process and procedures are followed. Complete monthly reports in a timely fashion.
8. Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
9. Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant State, and Federal employment laws.
10. Ensure organizational compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
11. Perform additional duties as assigned by Manager, HR.
Position will be required to make decisions and recommendations that will directly impact the organization. The HR Business Partner will interact with company stakeholders in a professional manner. This role will be required to coach, educate and advise leaders on employee management while complying with company code of conduct and ethics at all times. Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
Position requires collaboration with division leaders and internal/external stakeholders. HR Business Partner will frequently communicate with executive teams, division presidents, and employees via email, in person and over the phone. This role will also function closely with payroll and benefits administrator in order to effectively assist employees.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
2. 4+ years of experience in a HR Generalist role.
3. Proficiency in MS Office.
4. Ability to travel 30-50%.
5. Must possess a valid drivers license, with clean driving record and valid passport
6. Professional HR certification required: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
7. Expert knowledge of relevant labor laws in USA
1. Knowledge of payroll and benefits practices
2. Experience in manufacturing or mining industry
3. Workday HRIS experience