Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognise our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. Meet our team
Hitachi Vantara Digital Solutions Senior Technical Consultants are technical delivery experts who actively collaborate with customers to delivery implementations of analytics and content solutions leveraging the Hitachi Vantara portfolio.What you will be doing
• Leading delivery of digital solutions projects based on business requirements and identified needs.
• Driving prospects - customers in identifying current operating procedures to optimize with digital solutions offerings.
• Building trusted relationships with prospect - customer project teams.
• Leading internal project teams and customers to implement the solution, building mutual support and understanding with colleagues and customers.
• Creating high level solution designs, based on the strategic analysis of the customer's environment and requirements
• Directing application design (including systems requirements), development, and testing for business-driven programmatic, administrative, business intelligence, and other software applications as needed.
• Architecting and developing data intelligence programs and systems with Hitachi Vantara platforms.
• Extending Hitachi Vantara software to adapt to customer environment via plugins, extension points and custom java implementation.
• Reinforcing and defining the delivery methodology and engagement plan.
• Leading the installation, configuration, and deployment of Hitachi Vantara platforms.
• Guiding architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support and optimization of customer's implementation of Hitachi Vantara products - solutions.
• Conducting training, demonstrations and overviews of Hitachi applications to assist the customer in gaining an understanding of Hitachi Products and their integration with the designed solutions.
• Mentoring prospect and customer staff in the use of Hitachi Vantara technologies and best practices.
• Drives onboarding and mentoring of other consultants.What you bring to the team
- 3-7 years experience working with structured data/SQL engines (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Redshift)
• 3-7 years experience in data modeling (e.g. ER-modeling, dimensional modeling, data lake, data vault, data mesh)
• 3-7 years experience working with unstructured data indexing and NoSQL data engines (e.g. SOLR, MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark)
• 3-7 years experience working with data integration platforms (e.g. Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, e.g.)
• 3-7 years experience working with business intelligence/data visualization/analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, GIS)
• 3-7 years experience working with data science (e.g. R, SciPy, SAS, Jupyter, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, advanced mathematics, data munging/wrangling)
• 3-7 years experience working with DevOps/continuous integration/continuous deployment standards and tools including Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, Github, Maven
• 3-7 years experience working with cloud deployment and management (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
• 3-5 years experience working with container deployment and management (e.g. Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
• 3-5 years experience working with IoT or video analytics platforms (e.g. Lumada, Hitachi Video Analytics, etc.)
• Familiarity with, experience, or education in Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile development methodologies are a strong plus
• Education: B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, economics, computer science, MIS, or related degree required
• Open minded, comfortable working in ambiguous situations
• Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
• Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous engagements with minimal supervision
• Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
• Ability to explain detailed solutions, technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences
• Preference will be given to candidates with prior professional services, consulting and/or pre-sales experienceOur Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge