*US residency and working authorization required
The LATAM Distribution Manager (DM) is responsible for establishing business alliances and partnerships within Latin America. As the regional execution lead for LATAM, the DM ensures the identification, retention, growth, and customer satisfaction of strategic business, working in sync with the Americas GTM Strategy. The DM maintains a highly interactive relationship within all the Partner Managers and Partners for the assigned Distributor(s) to achieve ongoing initiatives. The DM works with internal departments on contracts, renews and upgrades existing agreements and conducts strategic analysis of market trends, competition, leveraging product teams to develop joint solutions and new opportunities.
The DM is accountable for achieving revenue and growth objectives within the Region. The DM will provide support with the Americas leadership and coordinate all operational aspects of the assigned Distributor(s), which includes tactical and strategic planning, leadership relationship development, and operational oversight with laser focus on driving revenue. Facilitation and coordination with other National and Global Leads, managing of programs, and joint selling with other geo-based teams responsible for the assigned territory. Utilizing the dedicated and non-dedicated resources at assigned distributor to achieve goals
This role is specific to leading and managing the Latin America RegionResponsibilities
• Develop a next-generation Distribution business strategy which covers short, medium, and long-term durations. The strategy will include prioritizing strategic solutions for key verticals, building programs for the partners that buy from Distributor(s) to take to market, driving/managing field engagement with the partner teams, aligning top executives and managing an active pipeline necessary to exceed assigned quota.
• Establish medium and long-term business objectives including investment plans and company-level strategy shifts required to significantly grow the Distribution and Hitachi Vantara's (HV) business.
• Passionately own and/or manage assignment of all primary Distribution executive relationships as part of the broader strategic direction.
• Establish solid relationships at all levels within the assigned accounts and direct account related activities to ultimately achieve better account control than the competition. Provide quarterly QBR's with assigned executive sponsors from HV and the Distribution executives
• Lead the development of a strategic plan, in collaboration with the HV Indirect team, to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth for the nominated Distribution partner(s).
• Coordinate with internal teams to develop unique/specific solution offerings that are repeatable with partners that will be accepted in the marketplace, that provide joint wins for HV, Partners, and Distributor(s)
• Take responsibility for leading and managing virtual team of resources to deliver the development and launch of Distribution programs that involve HV combined solutions.
• Create and maintain a high priority pipeline and forecast that tracks strategic and tactical revenue opportunities. On a periodic and formal basis, reports financial results and business initiative progress to the field teams and Indirect teams.
• Evangelize and engage with HV Indirect and field teams to educate on Distribution programs and capabilities and how to work with Distribution for increased pipeline and end user experience including the overall structure of the deal and the pricing of the opportunity. Providing financial models that will help HV sales and Partner sellers to close revenue
• Drive a plan to achieve assigned quota by defining necessary activities, key relationships, and strategic solutions to exceed sales targets.
• Create and Execute on Yearly, Quarterly Spend plan. The DM is responsible for working within Latin America for Distribution, field sales, and HV partner teams to create increased pipeline and revenue.Qualifications
• A minimum of 5 years' experience to include a business relationship with Distribution Partners in LATAM.
• Proven track record of sales success, achieving quotas, thinking big and growing revenue streams in the Partner world.
• Executive presence and ability to influence (sell) to all levels within Distributor(s), partners, and our internal organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly complex, matrix work environments with multiple stakeholders.
• Must have a strong executive presence and demonstrate the ability to generate and maintain relationships at all levels within the Distributor(s) community plus exhibit the ability to "sell ideas" and influence senior leadership internally and external
• Strong business acumen and technology knowledge.
• Flexibility to travel if necessary (20% of time)
• Excellent Bi-Lingual skills in modern English and Spanish
• Inspiring communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Must be able to lead a virtual team of technicians, service colleagues, finance support personnel and partners to effectively manage an overall sales campaign.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge