Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you.What You will Be Doing
Microsoft / Azure Cloud Senior Architect
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s global digital modernization company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Vantara is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Hitachi Vantara's client base includes 25 percent of the Global 100 as well as many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement.
Leads the team focused on delivering Microsoft based technology services solutions. Develop strategy to drive development and growth of Microsoft focused service offerings.
Works on projects of all sizes to provide functional and/or technical expertise related to solution offerings to support deliverables and/or project objectives. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to support and deliver on internal initiatives. Activities may include:
• Lead and drive development of strategy and solutions for clients
• Working with customer to develop cutting edge, next-gen solutions that leverages Microsoft technologies
• Run workshops with customers and advise them on architectural improvements - best practices
• Building client relationships and often working closely with client personnel. Oversight of projects and programs at clients including client escalations and scope management
• Senior Architect consulting, including solution design, design documentation and technical management
• Perform as the Technical lead/liaison for Microsoft Channel Alliance
• Leading development and presentation of proposals and statements of work to clients
• People Management, including technical recruitment, practice management, performance management and mentoring
• Leading development of reusable IP (delivery accelerators, project frameworks, white papers) and reusable solutions
• Write and present externally on Microsoft based solutions and accelerators
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and comfortable in delivery of key architectural/technical messages advising client executive and management leadership
• 12+ years of experience in IT/Technology consulting
• 10+ years of consulting and delivery of Microsoft based solutions
• 7+ years of consulting and delivery of Azure based solutions
• Experience with all 3 Microsoft clouds (Azure, Office 365, Dynamics)
• Strong leadership skills and ability to multi-task within a fast-paced workplace
• Minimum of 10 years leading development/technical work streams
• Minimum of 7 year of experience following SDLC methodologies such as Agile/SAFe, or Scrum
• Deep domain expertise in
• Cloud native application architectures (containers, microservices, serverless, PaaS, API Management etc)
• Container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
• Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet)
• DevOps tooling: Azure ARM, Terraform, PowerShell, DSC, Azure Automation, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, GitHub
• Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
• One or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
• SQL including OSS (postgres, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
• NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
• Experienced with cloud governance and cloud economics, particularly within Microsoft Azure
• Relevant Microsoft and Azure certifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
Certain percentage of travel across the US and Canada will be required due to this being a consulting delivery role.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge