• Partner with the various sales team and internal stakeholders to problem solve and structure strategic deals
• Actively participate in deal reviews with customers/prospects, sales teams, and management
• Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the internal stakeholders/customers.
• Deal qualification to ensure resources are effectively deployed.
• Act as a liaison, working cross functionally across multiple groups, such as revenue, legal, sales ops, order management, to help facilitate deal execution
• Leads the construction of overall financial design and structure of the most complex services opportunities.
• Create joint business cases with the customer.
• Negotiating ongoing contracts with customers and potentially suppliers.
• Reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commercial viability.
• Carrying out risk assessment when taking on new customer accounts and expanding into existing accounts.
• Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes.
• Routinely interfaces with senior-most internal and external Services, Finance, and customer executive contacts and influencers
• Maintains complete knowledge of breadth of services offerings.
• Subject matter expert in the proposal management elements of strategic "go-to-market" strategies that help drive significant sales growth.
• Expert level skill and presence in boardroom/executive level presentation and engagement.
• Key influencer of pricing methodology and provides leadership advice of industry trends or practice in deal construction.
• Leads largest scale cross-functional and predominantly global deal construction efforts.
• Manage the governance process to ensure proper executive approvalsSkills:
• Senior Executive level communication and collaboration skills Identifies gaps and has expert ability in addressing problems and developing action plans
• Develops and articulates business cases supporting courses of action
• Most confident in an ambiguous operating environment - Expert-level business case modeling skillsRequirements:
• 15 years of experience in working complex deals with a strong understanding of pricing models, finance and revenue requirements, contracts, services and XaaS models.
• B.S. and/or MS in Business Administration;
• A thorough understanding of the sales and pursuit management process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
• Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
• Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
• Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment; flexibility to work extended hours during peak periods
• Ability to negotiate with customers on large complex deals.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge*US Residency and working authorization required