Hitachi Vantara Vietnam
(formerly known as Global CyberSoft
) is a leading global IT solutions provider founded in California in July 2000. A Hitachi group company since October 2014, it was rebranded as Hitachi Vantara in January 2020. We have many years of experience providing premier IT solutions and systems integration services to customers around the world in the areas of Digital Transformation, Product Engineering Services, Enterprise Applications, Embedded Systems, and Managed Services.The Role:
We are seeking for a Senior Linux/Unix Consultant
to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will work with a cross-functional engineering team to deliver technical support for client in UK. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development involvement from start to finish of project.
Successful candidates will recognize the need for pragmatic application of their technical expertise, with the ability to problem solve allied to an ability to express their opinions to decision makers, forming the core of their skill set.The main areas of responsibility are:
- Engaging in the delivery of support services
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation
- Involvement in pre-sales activities; giving technical input to proposals, delivering presentations
- Providing technical support, consultancy and administration across a range of technologies, principally Oracle Linux enterprise, Oracle Cloud/ Virtualization services and Monitoring services
- Scripting and automation with ability to create minor maintenance scripts
- Working closely with implementation consultants, offshore Managed Services consultants and client staff to scope and deliver projects
- B.S., M.S. or equivalent degree in Information Technology or relevant major
- At least 4 year of experience in delivering technical support services.
- Proficiency in English (Communication, reading, listening)
- Hands-on experience of Linux server administration skills; in particular with Oracle Linux Enterprise, Red Hat Enterprise or Unbreakable Linux.
- The ability to take ownership for assigned tasks on projects, reporting on personal progress.
- Ability to communicate with the team and clients across multiple geographies.
- Have negotiation skills, problem-solving skills, customer service or troubleshooting skills;
- Willing to research new domains and learn new things/techniques;
- Having relevant certifications in Linux/ Unix/ Redhat systems is a big plus
- District 12, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,