We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Consultant to join our Managed Service practice and a team that provides Functional, Technical, DBA and Infrastructure remote and on-site support to the global client base of Hitachi Vantara
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to provide enterprise grade fault diagnostics and support and a passion and proficiency for creating and implementing advanced automation and deployments across a Microsoft infrastructure estate.
Ideally they will also have experience with the evaluation, design and upgrading of several technologies used to create, manage, update, monitor and report on Windows configurations.
This all means we are seeking a technically strong engineer who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in troubleshooting and deploying Infrastructure solutions. The role requires a broad technology knowledge and experience, with the ability to identify areas of automation to streamline future deployments.
The main areas of responsibility are:
• Engaging in the delivery of support services; and projects
• Providing technical support, consultancy and administration across MS Windows, networking, storage, cloud, virtualization services.
• Hardware and Software installation where necessary.
• Scripting and automation with ability to create minor maintenance scripts
• Working closely with implementation consultants, offshore Managed Services consultants and client staff to scope and deliver projects. •Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation.
• Involvement in pre-sales activities; giving technical input to proposals and designs
We hire individuals who are passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. Although it is likely that the majority of people who meet our criteria will come from a large-scale consulting or systems support backgrounds, we are enthusiastic to help individuals with relevant skills who want to take on the challenges of a consulting role for the first time.
• Experience of Cloud Services (Azure, GCP, OCI, AWS).
• Windows Server administration, across all operating system versions.
• Experience of ITIL including proactive Problem management and root cause analysis.
• Experience of automated systems monitoring and alerting products
• Knowledge of Patch and Vulnerability management practices (WSUS, McAfee EPO etc.)
• Experience with Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS and DHCP
• Experience with AV and Security tools
• An understanding of IT security standards and associated design considerations
• An understanding of documentation standards and good presentation skills
• The ability to take ownership for assigned tasks on projects, reporting on personal progress
• Ability to communicate with the team and clients across multiple geographies
• A willingness to work unsociable hours as demanded from time to time by the role
• Knowledge of SAN storage technologies, preferably with experience of Hitachi Vantara solutions;
• Scripting skills - Powershell Python, etc.
• Experience of Windows and SQL Clustering (Configuration, Failover and management)
• Knowledge of Network - Firewall technologies (preferably Juniper and/or Cisco) and an understanding of data centre switching technologies;
• The ideal candidate will have current certifications i.e. MCSE, CCNA, / MCSE or MCSDOur Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge