Job Title: DI/DS Business Development Lead
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The responsibility of this role is to drive the Hitachi portfolio of data access, optimization, management, and mobility solutions offerings with a consultative, programmatic sales approach to increasing strategic customer value and enabling new account acquisition opportunities in Korea. The solution set includes the Hitachi Content Platform portfolio (Hitachi Content Platform, Hitachi Content Software for File, Hitachi Content Intelligence, and HCP Anywhere) supporting Cloud applications, Contents Solution and UCP as well as both HV DI and HV DS solutions.
The candidate must be able to develop and successfully cascade business value propositions to customers and Hitachi Vantara sales teams including partners. Whilst this is a business development role, the candidate must also be effective in leading the sales team including partners, and demonstrate a clear depth of technical understanding of the solution portfolio.
• Responsible for supporting the overall sales strategies, GTM plan, and generating results from partners around overall HV Korea business including HV DS solution
• Represent Korea requirements to APAC and Corporate. (Product Management and Marketing, Business Development).
• Collaborate with design and sales teams to ensure that requirements are met
• Can reach an appropriate resolution in many varied situations without damaging internal or external relationships.
• Work with HV APAC and HV Corporate to develop specific marketing and sales approach.
• Work directly with customers and channel partners to capture and drive sales opportunities and work effectively across functions with other Hitachi Vantara employees to manage the business.
• Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned
• Business Leadership. Accountable for the Korea revenue number for the solution portfolio, developing and driving execution of the business plan. The position will drive and guide partners in the development and execution of local plans.
• Evangelism, sales enablement, and ecosystem support. Lead Country/CMT teams in developing a localized go-to-market ecosystem. Enable and coach sales team including partners with direct involvement in customer engagements as needed to gain traction within specific accounts.
• Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry, and positioning
• Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts, and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
• Follow the latest industry trend and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors
• Focus on building skills and capabilities of salespeople into new discussion areas with application owners, lines-of-business management, as well as IT infrastructure teams.
• Deal Support, provide back-up to field sales as appropriate on significant deals.
• Promote an inspiring and positive attitude during face-to-face, verbal, and written communications
• Effectively interface at many levels with senior managers
• Demonstrated success in building and leading global cross-functional teams; minimum 10 years of experience developing and managing a highly functioning organization.
• Extensive knowledge of GTM models, including sell with, sell to, sell-through, co-branding, and OEM
• Well-defined knowledge and understanding of data access, optimization, management, and open-source and Data Lake.
• Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads, and follow through to a successful agreement
• Significant revenue generation results are derived from channel and alliance sales efforts.
• A consultative sales approach developed within a senior sales position.
• Effective leadership and coaching skills to work with sales teams including partners in developing confidence and ability to engage Enterprise customers with business value-led propositions.
• Strong communications skills, particularly at the executive level, with the ability to articulate the business value of technology-based solutions.
• A degree in an engineering or technology-related field is highly valued.
• Highly skilled at developing executive-level relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.