Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com I.T. Help Desk (Internship)
This internship is for the summer of 2022 ROLE:
The successful candidate will assist staff in the Corporate Office with technical support of desktop and laptop computers, applications and related technology. This includes providing customer support, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware/software and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance within established guidelines. RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing support of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Record problem systems and status information through the use of Microsoft's SCSM, Service Management Process. Use Microsoft Service Manager to document, prioritize, and track requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with PC' s, laptops, network, local servers, printers, remote access and file shares.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically. Log all help desk interactions. Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention - redirect problems to appropriate technical resources.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions. Become familiar with each department and their respective applications. Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- 6S Compliance.
- Pursuing a Bachelors/Associates degree in Information Technology or other related field.
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
**NOTE** If you would like to be considered for production employment if an internship is not available, you will have to apply separately when position is available November 2021 on http://www.waupacafoundry.com/en/careers/opportunities
- Be 18 years or older.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast moving environment.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal & presentation skills and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.