Sales Director (Singapore - Malaysia)
Why You'll Love Hitachi Vantara:
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd, guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Meet our Team
Our people are our greatest asset. We are a diverse team with deep experience in Healthcare, Public Sector, Manufacturing and Financial Services. We support our employees and want them to thrive through exposure in our accounts in different industries. We seek to upskill our employees in the latest technologies to ensure relevance and to meet our customers' evolving technology and solution needs. Our focus on our customer's success ensures that our employees can share in their success as well.
The Digital Solutions Business Unit (DSBU) was created in January 2020 to support digital transformation via industry-specific solutions, software and services. As part of the investment to grow the business, Hitachi Vantara is seeking to recruit an experienced sales director to develop and lead the sales organization in Singapore and Malaysia. This high-profile role will take the lead on sales across the DSBU including Digital Modernization, Application Development and migration to the cloud, Consulting and Outsourcing.
The Sales Leader will be based in the Singapore and will be part of the DSBU Leadership team.
• To develop and execute a strategic sales plan which delivers revenue and margin growth through the acquisition of new logo clients and the expansion of Hitachi's relationships with existing customers
• Supporting the growth of Hitachi Vantara by ensuring the sales team have a balanced pipeline that delivers services and solutions business
• Partner will counterparts across Hitachi Vantara to identify opportunities for collaboration and joint go to markets
• Acting as a Sales Leader, including creating a goal orientated culture of success across a geographically dispersed team whilst recruiting and developing members of the sales team which will include identifying the next generation of sales leadership
• Taking an evidence-based approach to sales planning with a forward-looking plan that connects sales to delivery
• As a member of the DSBU Leadership team, supporting senior colleagues in the delivery function to ensure client projects are fulfilled successfully
• Ensuring that a partnership approach is taken to working with other Hitachi group companies to drive opportunities for maximum customer value and revenue growth
• Developing a sophisticated key account strategy that drives additional revenue by expanding the portfolio of services Hitachi is providing
• Market and competitor analysis
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. It is likely that most people who meet our criteria will come from a large-scale consulting or technology firm.
A Sales Leader will typically have:
• Sales Management with a 15+ year career leading a large regional or global sales organization selling digital services to help customers realize their digital transformation goals and journey to the cloud.
• Adept strategist on Digital Solutions with international sales and business management experience.
• Experienced and recognized for GTM Strategy, Digital Sales Leadership, business growth, providing strategic vision and forging strong - profitable relationships.
• Led Sales organization with yearly targets of $20M+ and has personally carried significant targets in the past
• Experienced Sales Leader skilled in transitioning companies through periods of change, including large-scale growth and industry-first market launches on a global scale.
• Has experience and proven track record in global sales, is adept at directing multicultural, multinational, diverse sales teams, cultivating strong relationships at all levels.
• Has deep understanding and experience in selling "Consulting Services" in atleast 2 areas - ERP (SAP, Oracle), Application Modernization (Open Stack, DevOps), Cloud Migration, Big Data Analytics, Datalakes etc.,
• Has Industry experience (in at least 2 apart from FSI) - Public Sector, Financial Services, Consumer Goods - Industrial Manufacturing.
• Has experience working with Partners like SAP, any of the Public Cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft or Google.
• Resilient and coachable with demonstrated ability to adapt to various work styles and cultures.
• Successful leader focused on talent development - build winning sales team.
• Exceptional abilities to problem solve and propose solutions
• A deep understanding of the enterprise software sales landscape and the markets in which Hitachi Vantara operates
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly build rapport and trust
• Gravitas with the ability to influence and lead others and drive behaviors to achieve results
• A practical and pragmatic approach which places the client at the centre of everything
Inclusion and Diversity
Hitachi Vantara is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge