Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara Global Finance Shared Service Team delivering finance services to internal Hitachi Vantara entities as well as other Hitachi companies. You will be dedicated to support the Healthcare Business Unit, which is represented by Hitachi Medical Systems Europe Holding AG, Zug, Switzerland. The company is a first-choice supplier of open and powerful high-field MRI systems, multi-slice CT systems as well as medical ultrasound, endoscopic and tomography systems.
Our team provides complex support and solutions to 10 legal entities of Hitachi Medical Systems in Europe within Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Record to Report, Financial Planning - Analysis, Tax Accounting and Group Controlling areas. We work closely with CFO, Finance Business Partners and other Hitachi Medical Systems employees to transform finance processes. We also interact with customers, suppliers, banks and external auditors. What you'll be doing
You will perform financial accounting tasks including Accounts Payable, Expense Reimbursements and Bank Statements processing and ensuring its compliance with Accounting Policies, J-SOX and Internal Procedures. You will also manage vendor master data.
You will interact with Hitachi employees, Finance Business, suppliers, external and internal auditors and banks.
The role is also responsible for identifying continuous improvement initiatives to drive process efficiency and effectiveness.
The tasks include:
What you bring to the team
- Accounts Payable (AP) - Invoice processing, both PO and non-PO related:
- Non-PO: Invoice coding and distribution.
- PO: Invoice matching and Issue Resolution
- Invoice payment processing
- Propose AP related accruals as part of the month end close
- Vendor Master Data management
- Employee T-E expenses processing:
- Receive and check travel expenses of employees, book and prepare payment adhering to the travel policy and local tax considerations
- Bank Statement processing including bank account reconciliations
- Selected Journal Vouchers processing
- Selected Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations
- Support internal and external audits
- Participate in cross functional projects
- Initiate and contribute to process improvements
- Maintain internal control system (ICS) to check/document proper outcome of processes
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or financial accounting
- Master in finance or bachelor degree would be an asset
- SAP knowledge would be an asset
- Fluent English
- Computer literate, MS Office, especially Excel
- High level of accuracy / attention to detail
- Continuous Improvement mindset and experience
- Takes ownership/Willing to learn
- Working in a dynamic and learning environment
- Pro-active attitude
- Team player attitude
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenges