Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
The UC Engineer role requires an innovative thinker who can apply traditional Telecom concepts to the world of cloud and digital transformation. The UC engineer will assist in designing, deploying, supporting and operating the HITACHI VANTARA Global Telecom for a globally distributed environment. This role requires strong demonstrated skills with the Microsoft Teams and O365 technology and regular interactions with cross functional teams, clients and vendors.
• This individual will be responsible for producing all required deliverables including the following:
• Implement and support the Microsoft Teams solutions
• Provide day to day UC operational support for a global environment
• Identify inefficiencies in the environment and seek to address those with automation, training, process changes, machine learning, AI, etc.
• Work closely with the Business, Client Services and Desktop Engineering to continually improve the user experience
• Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with IT/Business teams as well as end users
• Determine criticality of business issues, identify business impact and escalate problems to upper management
• Maintain accurate and timely status updates on tickets
• Assist in creating and reviewing technical documentation and operations guides
• Perform problem investigation, diagnosis and root cause analysis with the goal of mitigating the risk of recurring issues
• International and domestic travel could be required - up to 10%
• Requires 3+ years of technical experience in the field of Unified Communications and/or Telecommunications
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering or another technical field
• Preferred vendor experience: Microsoft, AWS, VMWare, Cisco, Audiocodes, Polycom and Jabra/Plantronics
• Design and deployment experience with Teams, Skype for Business and/or O365
• Strong knowledge of Telecom technologies such as VoIP, telephone carriers and associated services, SIP trunking, etc
• Knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP, Networking, Firewall technologies
• Experience with PowerShell or other other scripting tools
• Familiarity with one or more Contact Center solutions
• Broad Knowledge of Telecom Management, Monitoring and Provisioning Tools
• Strong analytical skills, dedication, attention to detail and ability to excel under pressure
• Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge